Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing the ocr fsmq, I am in year 11. I have bought a graphical calculator but I'm wondering of I will be allowed to use it. It is the: ti nspire cas. It was as Christmas present and I have used it in class however I don't want to be caught out in the exam

ReputationRep:
    You're going to get the response you want when you post this in the relationship section. Try to post this in the maths section or ask a mod to move this thread

(Original post by harrygardner)
      I'm currently doing the ocr fsmq, I am in year 11. I have bought a graphical calculator but I'm wondering of I will be allowed to use it. It is the: ti nspire cas. It was as Christmas present and I have used it in class however I don't want to be caught out in the exam
      You should talk to her and ask how she feels - we can't really help you here because we don't know what's going on in either of your heads.

ReputationRep:
      Check your uni regulations for examinations, generally there is a separate document with a list of allowed calculators.

ReputationRep:
      They are allowed. I've used them in exams. Invigilators didn't give a damn.
      Don't even think about cheating with them.

ReputationRep:
      While many graphical calculators are OK for all exams, Calculators with CAS capabilities ARE NOT allowed in any GCSE, Add Maths or A level exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      CAS means it's capable of computer algebra, so it's not allowed.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tootles)
      You should talk to her and ask how she feels - we can't really help you here because we don't know what's going on in either of your heads.
      Wrong thread mate

ReputationRep:
      it is on the banned list for AS and A levels:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...ies&pageTypes=

so it is quite likely to be banned for FSMQ :dontknow:

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.