Turn on thread page Beta

Banned calculator? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing the ocr fsmq, I am in year 11. I have bought a graphical calculator but I'm wondering of I will be allowed to use it. It is the: ti nspire cas. It was as Christmas present and I have used it in class however I don't want to be caught out in the exam

ReputationRep:
    You're going to get the response you want when you post this in the relationship section. Try to post this in the maths section or ask a mod to move this thread

(Original post by harrygardner)
    I'm currently doing the ocr fsmq, I am in year 11. I have bought a graphical calculator but I'm wondering of I will be allowed to use it. It is the: ti nspire cas. It was as Christmas present and I have used it in class however I don't want to be caught out in the exam
    You should talk to her and ask how she feels - we can't really help you here because we don't know what's going on in either of your heads.

ReputationRep:
    Check your uni regulations for examinations, generally there is a separate document with a list of allowed calculators.

ReputationRep:
    They are allowed. I've used them in exams. Invigilators didn't give a damn.
    Don't even think about cheating with them.

ReputationRep:
    While many graphical calculators are OK for all exams, Calculators with CAS capabilities ARE NOT allowed in any GCSE, Add Maths or A level exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    CAS means it's capable of computer algebra, so it's not allowed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    You should talk to her and ask how she feels - we can't really help you here because we don't know what's going on in either of your heads.
    Wrong thread mate

ReputationRep:
    it is on the banned list for AS and A levels:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...ies&pageTypes=

so it is quite likely to be banned for FSMQ :dontknow:

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.