Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I just found out that I have gotten an interview for Bangor University and I'm really happy.
    However, I'm freaking out about the interview process. I know that they do a 'speed dating' sort of style for individual interviews and a group discussion/activity.
    Would anybody please help me and give me any advice on what questions would be asked on the individual interview and also what does the group discussion/activity involve?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EleanorRoseWheat)
    Hi guys, I just found out that I have gotten an interview for Bangor University and I'm really happy.
    However, I'm freaking out about the interview process. I know that they do a 'speed dating' sort of style for individual interviews and a group discussion/activity.
    Would anybody please help me and give me any advice on what questions would be asked on the individual interview and also what does the group discussion/activity involve?

Thank you!
    Hi,

We can't discuss specific interview details as this gives some an unfair advantage over others, and therefore would affect the accuracy of the assessments, from the university's point of view.

Nursing interview advice from TSR is available here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/con...ing-interviews

ReputationRep:
    Read the NMC code and learn your 6 C's -and what they mean as a nursing professional

As long as you have your English and maths you will get an offer no problem. Just show you are keen and demonstrate why you want the place and show what you know already and you will be fine.

In the interview always make negatives positives... for example: "I've never worked in healthcare before, however I am eager to learn and haven't had opportunity to develop and bad habits." or " I haven't worked in healthcare before, but I have experience working in a restaurant that has given me excellent communication skills..."

ReputationRep:
    Hello,!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just wondering what the interview process like questions are like for Bangor University for Adult Nursing. What is the group question usually about and what about the mini ones what do they ask???????????????

Anything would be appreciated thanks for your time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    When do you all have interviews? Mine is feb 10th

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview Monday 6th! I'm really nervous because I've not had an MMI style interview yet nor have I had to write an essay😕 ill let you all know what it's like😊

ReputationRep:
    Brill i couple people from my class have an interview on the 6th too! Good luck! Where are you coming from ? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hwwx)
    Brill i couple people from my class have an interview on the 6th too! Good luck! Where are you coming from ? X
    I'm about half an hour away from Swansea! you?x

ReputationRep:
    Good luck you guys! Mine is feb 8th!x

ReputationRep:
    Interview was fine, nothing to worry about. Can't give away too much but the group work and essay were quite general, as long as you know basics such as the 6c's and roles and responsibilities of a nurse. MMI was 5 stations with quite simple questions too! Good luck everyone x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.