Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have almost finished gap yr, and i dont know what to do in UNI!!!
    At gcses i got: 1A, 5B's & 2C's

At alevels i took: Biology, Chemistry and Physcology
    At alevels i got: ABB

What courses are available? + do i hv loads of options??
    IM ENETERING FOR NXT YR, SO BASICALLY IM HVING 2 GAP YRS LOL. MY REASON IS CUZ OF MY PARENTS GETTING DIVORCED AND ME MOVING. AND MY GRANDMAR AND COUSIN PASSED AWAY

ReputationRep:
    Well the UCAS deadline was yesterday sooo I don't think you have many options...

ReputationRep:
    You have loads of options. Think about what you're interested in and check their entry requirements.

If you want to apply this year, you can still apply, although you are at a disadvantage because your application will be late.
    https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...ate-when-apply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenGIGI)
    I have almost finished gap yr, and i dont know what to do in UNI!!!
    At gcses i got: 1A, 5B's & 2C's

At alevels i took: Biology, Chemistry and Physcology
    At alevels i got: ABB

What courses are available? + do i hv loads of options??
    Psychology and Biology degrees. Possibly Biochem/Biomed. Dietetics, optometry, perhaps pharmacy. Maybe medicine but check because the lowest entry requirement I've seen is AAB. Maybe medicine with a foundation year? You could also do law or something like human sciences/ biological anthropology etc,

A lot of choices, with good prospects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by User3939)
    Psychology and Biology degrees. Possibly Biochem/Biomed. Dietetics, optometry, perhaps pharmacy. Maybe medicine but check because the lowest entry requirement I've seen is AAB. Maybe medicine with a foundation year? You could also do law or something like human sciences/ biological anthropology etc,

A lot of choices, with good prospects.
    Im not intrested in much of them im REALLY intrested in Dentistry and med, but u need AAA at a-level for both, so their out the window... mmm maybe biology... mmmm DEFINATLY NOT law lol im terrible at that sort of thing. I want to try and stick to the health pathway, so maybe therapy, bio or chem. TY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rolaah)
    Well the UCAS deadline was yesterday sooo I don't think you have many options...
    Applying for nxt yr

ReputationRep:
    Im not intrested in much of them im REALLY intrested in Dentistry and med, but u need AAA at a-level for both, so their out the window... mmm maybe biology... mmmm DEFINATLY NOT law lol im terrible at that sort of thing. I want to try and stick to the health pathway, so maybe therapy, bio or chem. TY
    You can do graduate medicine. Look around though, there are many paths into medicine if that's what you want to do!

ReputationRep:
    Check whether you come from a widening participation background, as many unis are now offering foundation years with medicine for lower grades!

http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/med...y-requirements

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.