Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi, i'm hoping to start uni in september 2017. i'm currently working in england full time and i know i would be eligible for the maintenance loan if i keep working, but can i still get the loan if i don't work during my course? i read something about still being eligible if i had been working for 12 months prior to starting the course, but there wasn't enough information about this, can you tell me more? thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there are some exceptions with regards to this rule

You are involuntarily unemployed after completing a period of fixed term contract employment of less than one year or is involuntarily unemployed during the first 12 months and is actively seeking employment.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Victoria SFE)
    Hi there are some exceptions with regards to this rule

You are involuntarily unemployed after completing a period of fixed term contract employment of less than one year or is involuntarily unemployed during the first 12 months and is actively seeking employment.

thanks
    so i can't get the loan if i leave my job voluntarily, even if i worked in the UK for a few years, is that correct?

now, about the 5-year UK residency condition - does the date of my first entry to the UK count? if so, that would be october 2012 for me, which i understand makes me not eligible to get a loan for september 2017 entry, as i would miss it by less than a month. can i apply later after this date? or can i only apply for 2018/2019 then?

thank you
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi blckz

If you leave the job you will no longer be classed as migrant worker and we would remove the loan.

Yes, you can apply as soon as you have 5 years residency, in your case would be 2018/2019. We will ask you to send 5 years of evidence to show you have been living in the UK such as bills, P60's, school letters or whatever ever is applicable to you.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! Where can i find the form to fill for the Migrant Worker Maintenance Loan ???
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Lovli)
    Hi guys! Where can i find the form to fill for the Migrant Worker Maintenance Loan ???
    Hi Lovli,

The PN1 Application for Student Finance is available from this link,

http://bit.ly/1hErcvL

Applications for courses that start after August 1, 2018, the 2018/19 academic year will not be available until late February, we do not have a confirmed date as yet.

Thanks Rona

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.