The Student Room Group

Mathematics and material science

Is it possible to apply for Mathematics at the University of Glasgow and then apply for Material science at the University of Birmingham. If so will I have to write two personal statements?
Reply 1
yeah, you'd have to write two
Reply 2
Original post by JoshElyot
Is it possible to apply for Mathematics at the University of Glasgow and then apply for Material science at the University of Birmingham. If so will I have to write two personal statements?

Original post by MKaur18
yeah, you'd have to write two

No you can only write ONE personal statement, which will be sent to ALL of your 5 university choices by UCAS.

If you want to transfer to a different course at a different uni, then you'd have to reapply through UCAS all over again (and would have to sit year 1 again for that course, so you'll be paying an extra 9k).
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Yeah you can only write one but if u wanna apply for both courses u'd have to work something out to write for both courses 😂 Into the one personal statement which is kinda hard.

Lol I applied to accountancy and finance and law with a biology & chemistry personal statement. I got unconditionals from the University of Glasgow for both courses, even when I'm choosing to do biology/chem. I was just seeing what would happen if I applied there lol, so no you don't necessarily have to write 2 different statements at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Desiboi101
Lol I applied to accountancy and finance and law with a biology & chemistry personal statement. I got unconditionals from the University of Glasgow for both courses, even when I'm choosing to do biology/chem. I was just seeing what would happen if I applied there lol, so no you don't necessarily have to write 2 different statements at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your predicted grades and personal statement must've been so good they wanted to keep ya 👌🏽
Original post by MKaur18
Your predicted grades and personal statement must've been so good they wanted to keep ya 👌🏽

True dat

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied to Diagnostic Radiography at different uni's and Adult Nursing at different uni's. One of the universities e-mailed me and specifically asked me to write a different personal statement devoted Nursing as my personal statement was devoted entirely to Radiography. But the other university that I applied to for Nursing didn't want another one.

I doubt most universities care but some can be quite fussy. You might as well ask. You can most definitely apply to different courses.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest