Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need help coming up with drama ideas for my performance. The stimulus is 'looking back/looking forward'. My group had the idea what if Romeo and Juliet didn't commit suicide, but we don't know how to develop the idea. Any help please

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

is this GCSE?
    I would say that doesn't really suit the stimulus...
    If I were you I would do something based on expressionism with flashbacks so that you can visually take the audience back and forth in time - crimes are a good starting point if this is the case!

(I'm in my second year of Alevel Drama) xo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anniebolton10)
    I need help coming up with drama ideas for my performance. The stimulus is 'looking back/looking forward'. My group had the idea what if Romeo and Juliet didn't commit suicide, but we don't know how to develop the idea. Any help please
    Well, a good way to approach this would be to go through the script and see what point you want to break away from the original story. Do you want to make it so Romeo and Juliet are together, or so Juliet marries Paris, or she wakes up to find Romeo isn't there at all, after faking her death? Think about this and then built up the story around it. A consequence you could include is that the Capulets and the Montagues never made up, and are therefore still at war with each other. What could you do with that?

Hope this helped x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.