The Student Room Group

Should I drop to 3 subjects? (A2)

I do Maths, FM, Physics&Chemistry at A2, had 4A's AS and 4A* predictions and planned to continue all four in order to have the best shot I could at my first&second choice unis but after being rejected by both no longer feel the need to continue all four.
I'm considering dropping FM as it's easily the hardest subject and conceptually I'd say I'm struggling the most with it although the content is still very useful (not so much anymore as we only have FP3 to finish) but dropping FM would mean I'd have plenty more frees to just focus on other work.

So - in an ideal situation lets say regardless of dropping FM I'd meet my uni's offer of A*AA should I drop FM to have more frees or stick with it in preparation for uni level maths? (Applying for natsci by the way)
Remember that if you drop any subjects, you'll need to tell all the unis as your UCAS application will now have an error. I'd contact the unis first to ask if they'd retract / be less likely to give you an offer if you drop a subject before doing anything else.
If you're applying for natsci, stick with it. Which uni btw? [Durham is my guess]
Reply 3
If everyone's ok with unis ect for dropping a subject definitely do it the free time is invaluable
Reply 4
Original post by Henry Atkinson
Remember that if you drop any subjects, you'll need to tell all the unis as your UCAS application will now have an error. I'd contact the unis first to ask if they'd retract / be less likely to give you an offer if you drop a subject before doing anything else.

What if I received an offer that didn't include FM in the offer? Could I then drop it without contacting my unis?

Original post by NoTreason
If you're applying for natsci, stick with it. Which uni btw? [Durham is my guess]

Have an offer from Durham yes, waiting for UCL though as I'd prefer to go there.
It can't hurt to send the unis an email asking whether it would affect your application.

Quick Reply

Latest