Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Okay i struggle both with girls i know and girls I want to get to know.

I find it hard to get past the first hello stage, are pick up lines the way to go?

ReputationRep:
    Pick up lines always seem cheesy. Just smile and say hello, then follow up with all those other questions, like how are you? how's your day? If it's going well it should be a two way conversation with return questions. Listen to what they say, and pick up on things that they might drop in to a answer and expand on them.

ReputationRep:
    Don't ask for nudes- creepy. And don't appear too desperate.

(Original post by Big_Jon)
    Pick up lines always seem cheesy. Just smile and say hello, then follow up with all those other questions, like how are you? how's your day? If it's going well it should be a two way conversation with return questions. Listen to what they say, and pick up on things that they might drop in to a answer and expand on them.
    This very good advice! (above)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lalliboo)
    Don't ask for nudes- creepy. And don't appear too desperate.

This very good advice! (above)
    You think so? Yay! Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty **** at small talk so my strat as of late has been find some kind of excuse to message them as though you're only messaging them for that one specific thing and then try and spin off conversation into a totally different topic.

Seems to avoid making me feel like I reek of desperation which is the important part for myself personally, but actual success at the whole conversation thing on the whole is pretty much the same as the standard method that I feel like I can't really do ("hi, how are are you" [develop])

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.