Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What do each of the lse application updates mean? Things like "your application has been moved to the admissions selector" and "your application has been submitted for further consideration" all seem pretty cryptic/ambiguous and I really would like to know what they mean for my prospects.

ReputationRep:
    From my understanding, you get these types of emails after their initial assesment. After that they will compare you with other students.
    So it's a good thing. You didn't get rejected at the first stage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliverwilliam.j)
    What do each of the lse application updates mean? Things like "your application has been moved to the admissions selector" and "your application has been submitted for further consideration" all seem pretty cryptic/ambiguous and I really would like to know what they mean for my prospects.
    Simple - you are now passed the screening to eliminate anyone who does not meet the criteria. Not ambiguous at all. If you did not meet the criteria you would have got a rejection letter. Now, the 'hunger games' of LSE Admissions starts as you compete with others in your cohort. Your prospects depends very much where you are ranked relative to others and if you are within the number of places available. This will take some time. Unless it is an offer letter, then no news is also good news as you are still in the game.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.