Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi TSR,
    Although I'm sti in year 12 I want to start practising for the UKCAT and BMAT.
    Any recommendations on the best books for the two tests?

Any other advice would be helpful,
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaffeka)
    Hi TSR,
    Although I'm sti in year 12 I want to start practising for the UKCAT and BMAT.
    Any recommendations on the best books for the two tests?

Any other advice would be helpful,
    Thanks
    Can't help much with BMAT but UKCAT:

I personally would recommend staying away from books, besides from being expensive they don't give you a real feel for the UKCAT and what you'll be sitting. I would stick to online resources, Medify, Medic Portal and Kaplan. Use a standard QWERTY keyboard with a mouse (not a track pad on a laptop) will give you a realistic feel for the UKCAT. Important to learn speed and accuracy, so learn the keyboard shortcuts and how to spot what question types they're asking. If you're in year 12 don't start bothering with UKCAT until around July/August and sit the test in September. Best of Luck (btw I got 760 so tried and tested methods)

ReputationRep:
    Get the ISC book for the UKCAT, it's pretty useful. The questions are mostly unrealistically hard but after surviving them the actual test will feel like smooth sailing. Can't recommend their BMAT book though - the questions aren't similar enough to the real thing. I'd just stick to the past papers (seriously, they're gold) and the assumed subject knowledge guide.

As the person above said though it's really early to start thinking about these things. I'd wait until early summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattJacks)
    Can't help much with BMAT but UKCAT:

I personally would recommend staying away from books, besides from being expensive they don't give you a real feel for the UKCAT and what you'll be sitting. I would stick to online resources, Medify, Medic Portal and Kaplan. Use a standard QWERTY keyboard with a mouse (not a track pad on a laptop) will give you a realistic feel for the UKCAT. Important to learn speed and accuracy, so learn the keyboard shortcuts and how to spot what question types they're asking. If you're in year 12 don't start bothering with UKCAT until around July/August and sit the test in September. Best of Luck (btw I got 760 so tried and tested methods)
    Woah 760. I shall define try these methods. Thank youuu.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.