Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. So I've never really done anything like this before and I'm both excited but slightly nervous to blog about my journey throughout my GCSE's and revision. I'm interested to see for myself if documenting my revision tactics and logging when I revise helps me in the long run - I can only hope it does! Lets start with some basic information about me and my school life...

A bit about me:
    Lets get the boring bit out of the way first! I'm a 16 year old girl from the UK. I have danced since the age of 3 and have been at my current dance school since I was 5 years old. Although I am currently studying my GCSE's at school, I still believe that keeping fit and that hobbies are extremely important (in fact, one of my updates may be about the importance of this). I'm not going to sugarcoat it, school has been hard these past two years especially; however this hasn't taken away my passion for learning and as a result I plan to stay on at my secondary school to do A-Levels after completing my GCSE's. At the moment, a career that interests me is journalism - particularly in the fashion industry, however this could easily change at this stage!

Subjects I study:
    • Maths
    • English (Literature and Language)
    • Biology
    • Chemistry
    • Physics
    • History
    • Spanish
    • Sociology

Target Grades:
    I'll start by explaining how the target grades work at my school. Due to the change in the GCSE's as of this year, for Maths and English my target grades are set in the new 9-1 system (9 being the highest and 1 being the lowest) and the rest of my target grades are in the 'old' A-C system.
    Next to these target grades my school also puts a number between 1 and 9 to indicate how far into the grade they feel we have progressed. For example, my Chemistry target grade is an A7(a high end A grade). It sounds complicated initially, however once you get your head around the system it proves extremely beneficial.

• Maths - 7.9
    • English (Literature and Language) - 8.5
    • Biology - A7
    • Chemistry - A7
    • Physics - A7
    • History - A0
    • Spanish - A7
    • Sociology - A0

My plans for this blog:
    As this is my first post, I thought I'd let you guys know what I'm hoping to gain from it!
    1. The most important thing I want to take from this is the motivation to actually revise!
    2. I want to use this as an opportunity to experience doing some writing of my own which will (hopefully) give me a basic idea as to whether or not journalism,or any form of creative writing, will be a suitable and enjoyable career pathway for me.
    3. Also, to anyone who ends up reading this thread I hope to help motivate your own revision and potentially give ideas and guidance to you in how to do so based on my own experiences.

My plan is to update this every week / fortnight and for each post, I am planning on focusing on: an individual subject; a key moment in my revision during the past week / 2 weeks; or a topic I think is important to write about.

That's all for now, I'll update soon!
    Neha xo

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.