Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im really behind in my GCSES and without beating aorund the bush its because ive played so many games.. The real exams begin in about 3 months and my mind has gone into full panic mode i need some help with method for revisising to make it easier for me because i dont klnow what to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umar.Khalid)
    Im really behind in my GCSES and without beating aorund the bush its because ive played so many games.. The real exams begin in about 3 months and my mind has gone into full panic mode i need some help with method for revisising to make it easier for me because i dont klnow what to do
    Plan timetable, relax using talking meditation on youtube. Plan study time and chill time. Give it 2 hours per day, from now, and you should be fine. Panicking, although it focusses the mnd, is just wasted energy. Re-channel that energy into focussed, confident studying. Best sources for science and maths are www.freesciencelessons.com and www.mathsgenie.co.uk. Good Luck!!

ReputationRep:
    3 months is plenty of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigFowler)
    Plan timetable, relax using talking meditation on youtube. Plan study time and chill time. Give it 2 hours per day, from now, and you should be fine. Panicking, although it focusses the mnd, is just wasted energy. Re-channel that energy into focussed, confident studying. Best sources for science and maths are www.freesciencelessons.com and www.mathsgenie.co.uk. Good Luck!!
    Thank you for the reply really thankful for any guidance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suprite)
    3 months is plenty of time.
    Thats what im hoping it is but i have alot to catch up on not just maths

ReputationRep:
    I've also missed a lot of school this year and last year so i'm quite far behind.
    What i have just done is made a revision timetable with an app called 'MyStudyPlan' (you put in when you can work, how long for and your subjects and it gives you a plan already made). I would start with about 1 hour a day, as its not too much of a change and can easily be achieved, and you can always increase it closer to the exams in May/June. There are hour long videos on YouTube of study and concentration music it really helps.
    There's plenty of time to revise don't worry.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umar.Khalid)
    As Craig said, you need to start planning your time to make best use of it. Make a study timetable and plan out when you want to revise maths, and when you want to revise your other subjects. 3 months is a lot of time to revise for your GCSEs. Make sure for maths in particular to do lots of past papers and ask on the maths forum if you have any questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emily_ff)
    I've also missed a lot of school this year and last year so i'm quite far behind.
    What i have just done is made a revision timetable with an app called 'MyStudyPlan' (you put in when you can work, how long for and your subjects and it gives you a plan already made). I would start with about 1 hour a day, as its not too much of a change and can easily be achieved, and you can always increase it closer to the exams in May/June. There are hour long videos on YouTube of study and concentration music it really helps.
    There's plenty of time to revise don't worry.
    thanks for the reply and ive created a timetable and have begun trying to follow it lets just hope i can stick to it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.