Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm an AS student in Year 12 currently having the biggest struggle deciding what to study at uni. Since I study Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry it's probably going to be an 'elite' subject like Physics, Maths, Engineering, or Medicine. I got 9A* 2A at GCSE and I'm on track to get 4A at AS so I also want to try my hand at Oxford. Any advice?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Decide upon a subject and only THEN look at whether you want to go to Oxford (if you like the course content, location, tutorial system, etc.) :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shafiat Dewan)
    I'm an AS student in Year 12 currently having the biggest struggle deciding what to study at uni. Since I study Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry it's probably going to be an 'elite' subject like Physics, Maths, Engineering, or Medicine. I got 9A* 2A at GCSE and I'm on track to get 4A at AS so I also want to try my hand at Oxford. Any advice?

I would follow TheLonelyGoatherd's advice, but a few pointers on the subjects you have listed:
    Maths- at uni this becomes very theoretical and abstract so keep this in mind
    Physics- if you are looking for more applied maths, this is more what you are looking for
    Medicine- do not apply for this unless you 100% understand the competitiveness, level of commitment required and the way of life which you essentially commit yourself towards. This is not a degree which you do to give you flexibility in future options.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.