Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm an AS student in Year 12 currently having the biggest struggle deciding what to study at uni. Since I study Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry it's probably going to be an 'elite' subject like Physics, Maths, Engineering, or Medicine. I got 9A* 2A at GCSE and I'm on track to get 4A at AS so I also want to try my hand at Oxford. Any advice?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Decide upon a subject and only THEN look at whether you want to go to Oxford (if you like the course content, location, tutorial system, etc.) :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shafiat Dewan)
    I'm an AS student in Year 12 currently having the biggest struggle deciding what to study at uni. Since I study Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry it's probably going to be an 'elite' subject like Physics, Maths, Engineering, or Medicine. I got 9A* 2A at GCSE and I'm on track to get 4A at AS so I also want to try my hand at Oxford. Any advice?

I would follow TheLonelyGoatherd's advice, but a few pointers on the subjects you have listed:
    Maths- at uni this becomes very theoretical and abstract so keep this in mind
    Physics- if you are looking for more applied maths, this is more what you are looking for
    Medicine- do not apply for this unless you 100% understand the competitiveness, level of commitment required and the way of life which you essentially commit yourself towards. This is not a degree which you do to give you flexibility in future options.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.