Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know high school is a place in which life is turmoil, at times you don't know who your actual self is ?, you see people excelling, failing and what not .. I'm halfway through that expierence .. Have friends but not proper, haven't found someone I click with .. I'm quiet, not highly opinioted, although will speak when needed but other ppl shun you down ? To make you feel that you lack social skills .. I'm not saying I despise high school life .. but it gets a little tough .. I want to hear your experiences and need someone to tell me that the world out there is not like high school .. I know I'm strong but a little bit of relief is needed !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali$hah)
    I know high school is a place in which life is turmoil, at times you don't know who your actual self is ?, you see people excelling, failing and what not .. I'm halfway through that expierence .. Have friends but not proper, haven't found someone I click with .. I'm quiet, not highly opinioted, although will speak when needed but other ppl shun you down ? To make you feel that you lack social skills .. I'm not saying I despise high school life .. but it gets a little tough .. I want to hear your experiences and need someone to tell me that the world out there is not like high school .. I know I'm strong but a little bit of relief is needed !
    The world isn't like highschool but not in the way you expect it- From some it's worse and for others it's better. Most people are somewhere in between. Truth is you never really find yourself even after highschool- infact I would argue that you lose yourself more and for the most part life is tougher because you have adult expectations you never even dreamed of imagining thrust on you.

Real life is tougher than highschool could ever be because it isn't a game; there's no teacher to blame bad grades on and for the most part you're on your own.

Not trying to scare you but just try and break out of your shell a bit more and enjoy highschool more- you will honestly thank me when you look back and long for a more simpler time. My theory is those who do best irl after highschool are those who prepare for it in hs. I say this from experience.

I didn't always feel like I fit in and sometimes like I was trying too hard but I'm glad I prepared for life afterwards because I feel like I have more direction than most people my age becaused I used highschool as a tool, a steping stone to gain as many skills and experiences which have allowed me to do soooo much now. I joined lots of clubs and tried to talk to as many people as possible really- just got out of my comfort zone and went for things even though they could be embarrasing. I learnt a lot and it made me who I am but HS is SUCH a small part of life. No one really cares about where you went and what you did (except maybe for your CV) but the most important thing is who you become from those experiences. You gain nothing if you risk nothing

GOOD LUCK!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.