Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I sent off my UCAS applications nearly two weeks ago for Media Production and the only Uni yet to offer me a place is Bournemouth University. I know it can take many weeks to get a response but I have seen videos popping up on YouTube named "5 things you really need to know about me".

These videos are a part of their application to Bournemouth for Media Production, but was I supposed to make this video before I applied or will they request it after they offer me a place?

Just a little confused is all, would appreciate the help

ReputationRep:
    If/once you get an email saying you have been successful in the first stage and an email from ucas telling you you need to take action with your application, then you need to go onto the Bournemouth myhub in which they will have emailed you your log in and password.
    You will see a message on the myhub telling you what to do with making the 5 things you really need to know about me video. The applicants brief is either attached or directed to. Watching other peoples videos on youtube is really helpful and good luck. Hope this helps (i applied myself a month ago)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilylouise1313)
    If/once you get an email saying you have been successful in the first stage and an email from ucas telling you you need to take action with your application, then you need to go onto the Bournemouth myhub in which they will have emailed you your log in and password.
    You will see a message on the myhub telling you what to do with making the 5 things you really need to know about me video. The applicants brief is either attached or directed to. Watching other peoples videos on youtube is really helpful and good luck. Hope this helps (i applied myself a month ago)
    Awesome! Thanks for the reply, it's good to know what to expect

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard back yet, I sent mine off over a month ago and haven't heard a thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hicky2506)
    Have you heard back yet, I sent mine off over a month ago and haven't heard a thing
    Nope, not got a reply yet! Hoping it won't be too much longer, it's making me nervous haha

All the other Uni's I've applied to have replied now but Bournemouth is my first choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisJS)
    Nope, not got a reply yet! Hoping it won't be too much longer, it's making me nervous haha

All the other Uni's I've applied to have replied now but Bournemouth is my first choice
    same here, thought i might of done it wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hicky2506)
    I havent heard back yet, i keep checking my ucas track but i dont think anyones got any replies yet, though when i do hear back, i will leave another message

ReputationRep:
    I havent heard back yet, i keep checking my ucas track but i dont think anyones got any replies yet, though when i do hear back, i will leave another message
    I actually got a reply through email on Wednesday! I have until the 8th February to make my 60 second film. They sent me my username and password to the BU MyHub service which we need to upload our videos.

Make sure you've checked your Emails as a reply may be there!

ReputationRep:
    I actually got a reply through email on Wednesday! I have until the 8th February to make my 60 second film. They sent me my username and password to the BU MyHub service which we need to upload our videos.

Make sure you've checked your Emails as a reply may be there!
    I applied a while back so i had recieved the email you are talking about and made my video and submitted it late December, as you've not submitted yours yet, maybe they will reply after the 8th February as it must be the last date for all applicants

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a reply from their video application on MyHub yet? It's only been two weeks since I sent mine but waiting is making me nervous again haha

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a reply from their video application on MyHub yet? It's only been two weeks since I sent mine but waiting is making me nervous again haha
    I still haven't heard anything yet, and I submitted my video in December. I've been nervous about it too ha.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.