Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I have found some uni courses that I really like the look of. There's one problem, I have already received my A-level results and a couple of the unis have requirements slightly above what I achieved.
    I am retaking a module this summer, so lets say for instance I achieve A*A*B theoretically.
    Would there be any point in applying for a course with AAA entry requirements? Would they see A*A*B as relatively equivalent or as the AA? This whole UCAS point thing is slightly confusing.

I just ask this as I have a number of friends who got into their chosen unis with grades lower than their predicted, conditional offer ones. (not through clearing) I will have already received all of my results though.
    Thanks!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    A*A*B has the same amount of UCAS points as A*AA, so yes, it would definitely be worth applying. Most universities will not care.

ReputationRep:
    I think that applying will surprise you how lenient they can be! (depending on which universities)

Those grades sound amazing and would be enough to get onto the most competitive courses, so I think definitely consider contacting the ones you're interested in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michiyo)
    A*A*B has the same amount of UCAS points as A*AA, so yes, it would definitely be worth applying. Most universities will not care.
    That's great news! Thanks for the reply ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrainyBengali)
    I think that applying will surprise you how lenient they can be! (depending on which universities)

Those grades sound amazing and would be enough to get onto the most competitive courses, so I think definitely consider contacting the ones you're interested in.
    Okay and thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.