GCSE/iGCSE German Oral AdviceWatch
I got the stimulus card with a Christmas market, and I rambled on about the card. The problem is, I did not include the content, I was too busy trying to incorporate fancy phrases etc... And i spoke so slow I was preventing myself from being asked further questions. I am typically an A* student (I want to take German for A level), and as I also take French for iGCSE right now, when I did my oral there I had no problems whatsoever. I'm pretty sure it's down to the verb inversion, which I need to brush up on (if you know any good sources to help me with brushing up on verb inversion, then I'd be very thankful ) The teacher said I probably got an A, but I should be getting an A*. Any tips on how to get all those marks on the stimulus card, with incorporating clever phrases? Thanks so much, I really appreciate all feedback, it means a lot that people are willing to help me <3
- The mark scheme for photo card really wants opinions and reasons. 'I think it's summer because it's sunny'. 'I think they are siblings because they look similar'. Don't talk about yourself in the first question, but really crowbar opinions into all the questions in Part 1.
- Photo card mark scheme really doesn't need any complicated phrases at all, just needs maybe 'ich glaube dass + verb to end' and that's all the complexity you need.
- For the general conversation, think of some generic phrases you can say for most topics - like 'Ich würde sagen, dass ich ziemlich gesund bin' or 'Ich verstehe mich sehr gut mit meiner Familie'
- Opinions and reasons are good for the general conversation as well
- Also for the conversation - modal verbs and a variety of tenses are good ones. Make sure you also develop your answers the whole time - one line answers won't get you an a*.
- Oh, did I mention OPINIONS AND REASONS.
Good luck for the summer (or 7 weeks as it is now...!)