Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

crying when reading. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have been under lots of stress recently. However, when I read the news especially or whatever, I seem to start to cry sometimes. When I do, my eyes (one of the eyes - left or right) starts to hurt quite a bit. Does anyone else have these symptoms?

ReputationRep:
    How much sleep are you getting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarysJSLewis)
    How much sleep are you getting
    I have insomnia so depends. But enough not to be tired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrgwihbgwou4fn)
    I have insomnia so depends. But enough not to be tired.
    I'd book an appointment with your GP. They'll be able to tell you more than people here on TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarysJSLewis)
    I'd book an appointment with your GP. They'll be able to tell you more than people here on TSR
    GP's are useless these days, but thanks.

ReputationRep:
    GP's are useless these days, but thanks.
    I disagree, but if you think you'll get more answers from people on here, then be my guest

ReputationRep:
    However, when I read the news especially or whatever, I seem to start to cry sometimes.
    Have you been viewing CNN or Buzzfeed?

It's fake news, don't you know. Trump said so.

ReputationRep:
    My advice... lay off the news.
    I generally get eye ache due to less sleep or eyes being dry -maybe due to your crying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    Have you been viewing CNN or Buzzfeed?

It's fake news, don't you know. Trump said so.
    I mainly read the Daily mail and daily express and a few others including The Guardian!! I think brexit is making me cry as I have strong feelings regarding it and something else that I read that was upsetting. But no idea why my eye hurts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    My advice... lay off the news.
    I generally get eye ache due to less sleep or eyes being dry -maybe due to your crying?
    It is very, very hard but I am trying.

ReputationRep:
    My left eye waters all the time no matter what

I am getting it cauterised next week through my GP, perhaps an option for you too

ReputationRep:
    It is very, very hard but I am trying.
    It's do-able though. Worth it if it stops you getting really emotional. I managed and only occasionally browse the news -by reading the headings. A lot of the stuff, you find out through people anyway.
    I feel bad encouraging you not to read the news, but seriously not reading it helps me :redface:

ReputationRep:
    It's do-able though. Worth it if it stops you getting really emotional. I managed and only occasionally browse the news -by reading the headings. A lot of the stuff, you find out through people anyway.
    I feel bad encouraging you not to read the news, but seriously not reading it helps me :redface:
    Thanks for your advice. I have tried blocking ALL news websites on my laptop computer but of course it is easy to delete the extension on chrome. I think I need to tell myself: there is a lot of bad in the world, and whatever happens with brexit , I need to aim to not be moved by the news. So at least I can read it, but knowing every single news is propaganda. It is better to read the daily star, than the daily mail as there is less news in there, if that makes sense. Daily mail is very addictive.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your advice. I have tried blocking ALL news websites on my laptop computer but of course it is easy to delete the extension on chrome. I think I need to tell myself: there is a lot of bad in the world, and whatever happens, I need to aim to not be moved by the news. So at least I can read it, but knowing every single news is propaganda. It is better to read the daily star, than the daily mail as there is less news in there, if that makes sense. Daily mail is very addictive.
    ^the bold bit

ReputationRep:
    ^the bold bit
    I will try. Thanks. Have a good night.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.