So basically if you were invited for an interview for a technical role in the equity derivative market, what is it that you need to know in bullet points?
I'd say this:
- Know what are options, futures and swaps
- Understand different asset types and how derivatives can be 'derived' from commodities, securities, stocks, bonds, forex etc
- Understand some of the contemporary trends on the futures exchanges
- Understand stock exchanges and the buying/selling procedure - market making, liquidity etc
- Know technology such as algorithms/HFT
Is there anything missing?
I did not study finance
So I count on IB guys like that one with purple nickname to help
Over the Easter break