Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Thinking of using uni baggage at the end of the semester, has anybody used it before and are they reliable?

ReputationRep:
    I used them recently and wasn't impressed at all. I shipped a bike and it got damaged - it was really well wrapped up (thank god or the whole thing would have been written off) - the box it was in was soaked, it must have been left somewhere damp/had something spilled, and so was almost disintegrated and someone has decided an appropriate solution was to wrap it in some tape to hold it together... something very heavy had then been put on top which crushed part of my bike. They don't insure at 100% price so I'd have got like 30% of the value back if it was destroyed.

They also mistyped the address labels, and since they were only available the night before shipping I couldn't get them fixed before the items were collected - I wrote the correct address all over the parcel but they were delayed several days before I could get the problem sorted as the delivery failed.

Also - be aware that there is a HUGE list of things you 'shouldn't ship' and won't be insured - which basically includes anything which it's possible to break.

They were by far the cheapest service but I think it's a case of get what you pay for.

ReputationRep:
    I've used them quite a few times to ship stuff back and forth from Northern Ireland and I've never had any issues. Their website is really easy to use and the staff are lovely when you speak to them. I'd honestly recommend them to anyone because using them is so much easier (and cheaper) than carrying/flying with all of your stuff yourself. There are quite a few items that are prohibited/can't be insured but I think that's a given with most couriers. Just make sure you read the T&Cs and you'll be fine.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.