Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey there guys, I'm considering either doing a part-time GDL with BPP/UOL.

Or alternatively, a 3 year LLB with: Warwick, Nottingham, Birmingham (lesser extent Leeds and Exeter) - application in process for Bristol.

I currently have an offer from Warwick, but am unsure whether I would want to do first year again - especially as I am now older (23), however perhaps the prestige element outweighs this?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    If you have a decent result in your undergraduate degree then just go for the GDL. A postgrad LLB is only really necessary if you need to boost your academic performance, and even then your undergrad results will still be looked at by most legal recruiters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    If you have a decent result in your undergraduate degree then just go for the GDL. A postgrad LLB is only really necessary if you need to boost your academic performance, and even then your undergrad results will still be looked at by most legal recruiters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm expecting my undergrad result to be a 2:1 or less likely a 1st. However, my A levels are fairly poor AAB.

Do you still think this applies?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manty)
    I'm expecting my undergrad result to be a 2:1 or less likely a 1st. However, my A levels are fairly poor ABB.

Do you still think this applies?
    If your alevels are an issue to a firm then they will still be an issue even if you do the LLB.

Only study an LLB if you want to study law in depth. It won't necessarily help your employment prospects, especially if you already have a strong 2.1 degree under your belt and what are actually prettt reasonable A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.