grow your grades 2017!
why hello there! welcome to the little corner of TSR that I call my own-- I've been in a bit of a slump lately, what with senioritis and getting burned out by all the damn internal assessments etcetera.
But I'm getting ahead of myself-- hello; I'm tchaikovskyed, you call either call me that or.... yes just call me that. I'm sadly married to the IB Diploma and we're getting divorced in four months, hurrah!
I have also just finished my mocks, and I don't feel that I did too well so... it's really time to pull my **** together and prepare for the last charge of the light brigade.
So this blog is basically my last attempt to charge forwards full speed ahead to the big exams in April/May, and get those grades I need to get to Oxford! Be prepared for much drama, references to all kinds of popular media and ranting about things that might seem completely random, and of course, my journey to getting those grades!
Statistics & etc:
IB Subjects taken & predicted grades:
- English A: Language and Literature / 7 / HL
- Mandarin B / 7 / SL
- History / 6 / HL
- Biology / 5 / SL
- Mathematical Studies / 7 / SL
- Psychology / 7 / HL
Extended Essay & TOK: +2 points
Total points: 41/45
I'm applying to three countries, the UK, US and Australia, for the same course; English Language and Literature.
- Oxford / Conditional Offer; 38 points with 666 at HL (this was my dream school and first choice, so I am absolutely over the moon.)
- UCL / Nothing heard yet
- Columbia / Application submitted, waiting on interview
- Pennsylvania / Application submitted, waiting on interview
- Dartmouth / Application submitted, waiting on interview
- Brown / Application submitted, waiting on interview
- Sydney / Not yet applied
- UNSW / Not yet applied
- Australia National University / Not yet applied
Aims and Goals:
- To get that Oxford offer of 38!
- I'm aiming for a 40 in my Diploma.
- To study hard and be able to look back in the future at this point of my life with no regrets!
What to expect from this blog:
- Pictures of my study habits & etc
- Weekly recaps, rants
- Helpful tips, app recommendations for study life
- Anything I feel like putting on here!
Turn on thread page Beta
an account of a marriage (and subsequent divorce) to the IB watch
- Thread Starter
- 17-01-2017 02:40