Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

an account of a marriage (and subsequent divorce) to the IB Watch

ReputationRep:
    grow your grades 2017!

why hello there! welcome to the little corner of TSR that I call my own-- I've been in a bit of a slump lately, what with senioritis and getting burned out by all the damn internal assessments etcetera.

But I'm getting ahead of myself-- hello; I'm tchaikovskyed, you call either call me that or.... yes just call me that. I'm sadly married to the IB Diploma and we're getting divorced in four months, hurrah!

I have also just finished my mocks, and I don't feel that I did too well so... it's really time to pull my **** together and prepare for the last charge of the light brigade.

So this blog is basically my last attempt to charge forwards full speed ahead to the big exams in April/May, and get those grades I need to get to Oxford! Be prepared for much drama, references to all kinds of popular media and ranting about things that might seem completely random, and of course, my journey to getting those grades!

Statistics & etc:

IB Subjects taken & predicted grades:
    • English A: Language and Literature / 7 / HL
    • Mandarin B / 7 / SL
    • History / 6 / HL
    • Biology / 5 / SL
    • Mathematical Studies / 7 / SL
    • Psychology / 7 / HL

Extended Essay & TOK: +2 points
    Total points: 41/45

University Applications:
    I'm applying to three countries, the UK, US and Australia, for the same course; English Language and Literature.

UK:
    • Oxford / Conditional Offer; 38 points with 666 at HL (this was my dream school and first choice, so I am absolutely over the moon.)
    • UCL / Nothing heard yet

US:
    • Columbia / Application submitted, waiting on interview
    • Pennsylvania / Application submitted, waiting on interview
    • Dartmouth / Application submitted, waiting on interview
    • Brown / Application submitted, waiting on interview

Australia:
    • Sydney / Not yet applied
    • UNSW / Not yet applied
    • Australia National University / Not yet applied

Aims and Goals:
    • To get that Oxford offer of 38!
    • I'm aiming for a 40 in my Diploma.
    • To study hard and be able to look back in the future at this point of my life with no regrets!

What to expect from this blog:
    • Pictures of my study habits & etc
    • Weekly recaps, rants
    • Helpful tips, app recommendations for study life
    • Anything I feel like putting on here!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.