Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

wrongly accused of not wearing seatbelt Watch

ReputationRep:
    my work involves travelling, so everyday someone (another worker) picks up some people and takes him with them, today me and 4 colleagues were going to work and the police pulled him over, it was clear the 2 in front were wearing seatbelts, however in the back the two other colleagues were not wearing there seatbelts, and when the policeman came over he didn't even care to look or check he just said "all 3 in the back were not wearing seatbelts".. what can I do?
    I'm not paying a single penny idc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scorpion666990)
    my work involves travelling, so everyday someone (another worker) picks up some people and takes him with them, today me and 4 colleagues were going to work and the police pulled him over, it was clear the 2 in front were wearing seatbelts, however in the back the two other colleagues were not wearing there seatbelts, and when the policeman came over he didn't even care to look or check he just said "all 3 in the back were not wearing seatbelts".. what can I do?
    I'm not paying a single penny idc
    lol you've got no proof of it right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elekro)
    lol you've got no proof of it right?
    if police have cameras in their car that can see into the window where i was sitting and has me in their footage, then thats the proof, otherwise i do not

ReputationRep:
    if police have cameras in their car that can see into the window where i was sitting and has me in their footage, then thats the proof, otherwise i do not
    then what you have to do is find out whether they had cameras in their car that can see into the window where you were sitting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elekro)
    then what you have to do is find out whether they had cameras in their car that can see into the window where you were sitting
    i'll see what comes of it, and if worse comes to worse i will take it to court and tell the judge fuk it put me in jail im not paying a false fine

ReputationRep:
    i'll see what comes of it, and if worse comes to worse i will take it to court and tell the judge fuk it put me in jail im not paying a false fine
    This sounds like an exceptionally bad idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldplasma)
    This sounds like an exceptionally bad idea.
    when you're poor and are barely able to survive, it doesnt seem so bad.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    when you're poor and are barely able to survive, it doesnt seem so bad.
    Taking it to court will increase the fine from 100 to 500. You'd still have to pay 😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    Taking it to court will increase the fine from 100 to 500. You'd still have to pay 😂😂😂
    if i have 0 pounds im sure i dont have to pay.. they can put me in jail idc

ReputationRep:
    You've basically asked for advice (which people are saying is just to pay the fine as it is your word against the police) and then stating that your not going to. Pointless post really.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    You do realise they have power to take it from your wages and/or benefits, right?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.