Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are there any chicks out there who hate gossiping Watch

ReputationRep:
    This is just my personal experience but every girl I've known has always enjoyed incessantly gossiping about either other people or just uninteresting secrets that I have no interest in.

So I'm reaching out, are there any sane women on here who hate sitting around and gossiping about other people's lives and agree it's mundane and boring?

I just never want to be friends with (and at this rate, not date) women because gossiping is such a huge, huge "turn off" (metaphorically) for me. I don't mind the occasional share of a secret but otherwise no, I just don't get the appeal.

--

I actually just realised this sounds like I'm trying to find someone to date lmfao, I can assure you that's not the case.

ReputationRep:
    You really are desperate for company well past 2am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    I just never want to be friends with (and at this rate, not date) women
    Well, you know what must be done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willy Pete)
    This would be a fab comment if you too sir, were not up... at...the same time as myself?

(Original post by AshEntropy)
    Well, you know what must be done!

Tbh I'm bi but I feel myself slowly being pushed towards the gayzone Perhaps it's all these alt-right forumers encouraging me.

ReputationRep:
    This would be a fab comment if you too sir, were not up... at...the same time as myself?
    You got me...

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps it's all these alt-right forumers encouraging me.
    Funnily enough, the alt-right forumers actually seem to be okay with gays

It's a certain group of brainwashed people usually

ReputationRep:
    You got me...
    It's okay, I'll accept you with loving-ish, open arms <3

Funnily enough, the alt-right forumers actually seem to be okay with gays

It's a certain group of brainwashed people usually
    I heard EC is one of these

ReputationRep:
    Willlyyy Peeeeeeeeeeeeeete

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 'chick' and I despise gossip
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I don;t like gossip either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    I don;t like gossip either.
    I lurve Gossip

ReputationRep:
    I only gossip about celebs

ReputationRep:
    X
    Tbh I'm bi but I feel myself slowly being pushed towards the gayzone Perhaps it's all these alt-right forumers encouraging me.
    Hey gays. Uh, I mean guys. Welcome to the gayzone, how may I be of assistance?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    If there are any, msg me. I will love you eternally.

ReputationRep:
    • Political Ambassador

Political Ambassador
    I heard EC is one of these
    Ooooooooo oh this is gossip so you're gossiping too. :hand:

And actually from my experience there are also men who spread rumors more than women and I've noticed they also are more likely to talk just for the sake of talking. But I think women tend to discuss about the latest gossip for a longer period of time.

It's mostly inevitable to avoid it nowadays. The media is also full of bs. I've only realized recently that my group of friends are gossipy people who try to bring others down. Basically I was surrounded by so much vicious gossip I didn't even realized it until up to a point when enough was enough. So I'm keeping them out of my life now since I think there are better things to do than talking about others, but they do it to feel like they're important and if they gossip about someone else they will certainly gossip about you too. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Ooooooooo oh this is gossip so you're gossiping too. :hand:

And actually from my experience there are also men who spread rumors more than women and I've noticed they also are more likely to talk just for the sake of talking. But I think women tend to discuss about the latest gossip for a longer period of time.

It's mostly inevitable to avoid it nowadays. The media is also full of bs. I've only realized recently that my group of friends are gossipy people who try to bring others down. Basically I was surrounded by so much vicious gossip I didn't even realized it until up to a point when enough was enough. So I'm keeping them out of my life now since I think there are better things to do than talking about others, but they do it to feel like they're important and if they gossip about someone else they will certainly gossip about you too. :rolleyes:
    You caught me

And my experience is different, I find most men tend to prefer a comfortable silence over idle gossip. Though I have definitely met lots of men who are just as [female dog-y] as women and it's equally as annoying.

And yeah it's better to not have people in your life like that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.