The Student Room Group

GCSE requirement?

I'm an international student having been born in South Africa but have moved around the world since I was 6 going through multiple curriculums and international schools. For the last 2 years I was living in Rio Brasil, and attended an American school. Here I completed my 11th year (the year where I would've completed my GCSEs had I been living in England) and 1 year of IB. I moved back to England last year in August for university purposes and I'm currently studying 4 A-levels; Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and English Lit. and I plan to take the exams in 2018. My question is; my 11th grade/year that I completed in Brasil had no exams at the end of the year like GCSEs, if you gained an average go 95% over the year in a course, you didn't need to take final exams for that course. Is this okay for my UCAS form? Do I NEED gcse results if I'm now taking A-levels? Are they a prerequisite? Can I put my American 11th year grades on my UCAS form and then my A-level predictions?
I've already emailed a few universities but they don't seem to understand my question and instead send me a generic response with an application form attached. SO if anyone has any advice/went through a similar thing I'd love to know because if I have to take gcses this year then I'll book them but if I don't really need to I'd love to avoid the extra stress and cost <3!
What I would suggest is to contact the universities of your choice to get a better judgement :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Hajra Momoniat
What I would suggest is to contact the universities of your choice to get a better judgement :smile:

I did try, half of them didn't respond and the others that did just sent me a generic email with an application for the university attached which unfortunately doesn't really help, but I might try calling them instead to try get a more specific answer :biggrin:
Yh I was going to say call them.

All the best :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest