Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever let a crush get away..... Watch

My story.......
    When I was in high school I had a HUGE crush on a guy for about 1 1/2 years. We had some mutual friends but we never met socially. I'd see him every single day in the stairwell between classes and we'd make eye contact, my heart jumping through my chest. He was a year older than me and graduated. The next year, after my graduation, I went with two of my sisters to a beautiful beach resort and there he was with a guy I was actually friends with! I couldn't believe it. We were in paradise together. But..... I always assumed he was out of my league so I just pretended I didn't see them, for four days!!! I knew his friend well enough that I should have gone up and said 'hello' and it wouldn't have been weird at all but I lacked confidence and was fearful of embarrassing myself so I stayed in the shadows. I regret that. I don't know if they saw me or not though because they didn't come up to me either but I definitely kept my distance. Maybe we were supposed to meet at the beach..... but oh well. He was the one I let get away.

What's your story? Did you have a crush that got away?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think he felt the same way towards you? If not then he wouldn't have batted an eyelid even if you were the sexiest lounger on that resort at the time

ReputationRep:
    Ya, and I'm glad I did because I need to make room for all my new girl-crushes.

yes because i didn't have the confidence or couldn't face rejection when I was young and cos of fear of families opinions on mine and crushes.It's ok life is about being the person you want
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    All my crushes got away because I didn't ask them out :rofl:

Yes I had a crush on a guy at school for a few months... then I realised nothing was going to happen between us and I somehow forced myself to move on by thinking about all his flaws.
    Now we are barely friends because I've got too far in the other direction and have started to dislike him!

ReputationRep:
    All of mine "got away" lol

ReputationRep:
    All of them lol
    I asked them out off the bat
    Obviously i will get rejected

ReputationRep:
    Yup all of mine also 'got away'

Although my longest crush was on one of best friends, and I didn't ask him out due to potential loss of friendship :closedeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah lol, we were in the same class and would glance over at each other in class and stuff and we hung out with each other all the time because we were in the same group of friends and we he would sit next to me, play with my things and stuff, we would text in a group chat together and stuff I would have butterflies every time he was around and stuff, the normal
    He left college tho because the work was stressful and he wanted to work instead, it's been a couple months but I'm still not over him 😬

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.