Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ehh need to support, in the depression mode atm.. - failed my character modelling first semester work.. at the Staffs uni. Dont even know anymore, why is university so merciless? :/

as i understand i will have an option of retaking the module in the summer right? I mean im still on etc, currently prepping up mentally for the second semester's work (will give it my 1000%) for sure lol.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by goofy95)
    Ehh need to support, in the depression mode atm.. - failed my character modelling first semester work.. at the Staffs uni. Dont even know anymore, why is university so merciless? :/

as i understand i will have an option of retaking the module in the summer right? I mean im still on etc, currently prepping up mentally for the second semester's work (will give it my 1000%) for sure lol.
    The rules will be on the website. Work out why you failed and that should indicate what you need to tackle, mental health, work practice etc.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:

Have you got in contact with the Student Enabling Centre? I understand it can be difficult, and I have had issues with my depression and anxiety whilst doing my course, but I am a 3rd Year now and I'm still kicking! There are support services that you can access to help with this, and you can set up an extenuating circumstances claim via the E:vision portal which will aid with the assignments.

As for the module, I'm not 100% sure how to go about sorting problems specific to your module, but I would get in contact with either a personal tutor (if you have one) or the lead lecturer in charge of the module, and explain your situation. You can find out who to contact by checking out the module and/or course handbook that you can find online.

ReputationRep:

Hi. It sounds like you are having a hard time right now and it's good that you are reaching out on here. It is difficult to get a bad mark or grade but it isn't the end of your degree. I know it might feel like it and I know it is really difficult to change your thinking when you have depression. Try to reach out to people at staffs. Maybe talk to your personal tutor as they can give you help personally as well as advise you on what to do next to sort out the marks you got. I don't do your course but often there is resits or resubmissions you can do. You could also talk to the enabling centre about some counselling or talk to a mental health advisor. Talk to your friends and course mates too, get some support from whoever you can.
    You have the absolute right attitude to give second semester everything you have got, too many people give up but you can absolutely do this still. Try to keep as positive as you can and lean on people of support to help you through, don't carry this on your own. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    honestly if you can't get 40% you should reevaluate your education

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.