Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A few weeks ago I was playing 8 ball and signed up to this deal to get free pool cash, it was just a free trial period that after went onto an automatic subscription, I attempted to find a way to cancel it on the website but couldn't find a way so went directly to my bank and cancelled it through them, they're now requesting money from me, are they in the right or can i leave it?

ReputationRep:
    No they're right to be requesting money from you. You can't just buy something from a shop then cancel the payment when you get home. You need to find the official way to cancel your subscription

ReputationRep:
    Should have read the fine print, I think. They've got their claws into you now.

ReputationRep:
    hank you very much for your inquiry on 17.01.2017! Unfortunately we cannot open your attachment. Please send us attachments in format pdf, jpg or Word. According to our records, this account was signed up under your name: Liam Thomas and e-mail address: [email protected] - Logij details and terms and conditions of this contract was sent to you with no indication of any problem. You are therefore the contract bearer of this account. **We confirm that we had carried out your cancellation request for this account 10110779 dated January 17 2017 after the contract was already extended. Please note that your cancellation after the term was already extended does not shut down your account with immediate effect nor does it cancel the outstanding payment. It is only cancelling for the date at the end of the extended term and to avoid any further extension after the current term expires. **According to our records, you signed up for a 14-day free trial on December 31 2016 valid until January 14 2017. Since you did not cancel in due time before the free trial expired, your contract 10110779 was extended to the annual UseNeXT Smart+ package on January 15 2017 as stated in the terms and conditions of our contract to which you agreed to upon sign up. Payment for this extended term failed, this had resulted in an outstanding payment ( invoice 32617164 ) - Please process payment for the extended term by following the separate e-mail sent to you on January 15 2017 informing you of invalid payment details. Upon payment verification, your contract will be reactivated as soon as possible. Unfortunately since you did not cancel in due time, we subsequently cannot reverse the renewal of your contract. This account is not cancelled - to avoid any further extensions after the current term expires, you need to cancel ( either by calling us or by sending us a written request ) at the latest one month before the current term expires. **You have asked us to delete your entire customer data. According to tax law, we are obligated to keep any kind of relevant information on our customers in our system for a period of 10 years. However, we will gladly make a note regarding the deletion of your data, so any information will be deleted automatically as soon as the statutory period has expired. Your customer data will be treated as confidential and not disclosed to any third parties. Thank you for understanding.

ReputationRep:
    This is what they sent me, is there anyway of getting out of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liam900)
    This is what they sent me, is there anyway of getting out of it
    No. You signed up and signed a contract..there isn't a way out of it.. Your issue is..this would all be highlighted in the terms and conditions which im guessing you didn't read (I honestly don't blame you) but their contract would have been checked by lawyers and stuff who tried and find the majority of loopholes..

Just ignore it and hope it goes away. **** their contract. Maybe if contracts were limited to 1 paragraph or 2 and used laymans terms, people would read and understand the agreements. You cant realistically agree to something you dont understand.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Laomedeia)
      Just ignore it and hope it goes away. **** their contract. Maybe if contracts were limited to 1 paragraph or 2 and used laymans terms, people would read and understand the agreements. You cant realistically agree to something you dont understand.
      Yeah that's what i think i'm going to do, they haven't got any money out of me

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.