Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has Anyone Done the MSC Computer Vision at Queen Mary University QMUL Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am considering applying for the MSc in Computer Vision at Queen Mary University in London.

The course suits me as i can do it part time, and not give up my job.

Has anyone experience of this course.

Is it a good MSc to learn Machine Learning in general, and
    Computer vision specifically

Is it an indepth course in neural networks, or does it just provide a superficial review of the topic

Are the career opportunities good with this course

Any help or details of this course would be greatly appreciated
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Info about the course structure can be found online. Can you visit? The uni may be able to put you in touch with current or former students to chat to about your concerns.

ReputationRep:
    I sent the department an email, and am waiting for a reply, i was planning to visit them once i got a reply

At this stage I was doing online research, and was hoping for some student feedback.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't already, take a look at CS231n Convolutional Neural Networks in Computer Vision or something similar to that. It's a stanford course but videos on youtube. It's got to be one of the best modules you could ever imagine, covering CNNs and application to computer vision through imagenet. Very relevant (some material is based on recent ideas less than a year old, for example). Obviously not a substitute for a degree, but I watched through the lectures last week (took a couple of days) and my knowledge has skyrocketed. I'm suggesting it as I'm assuming you have some spare time alongside your job if you're considering a part time degree.

ReputationRep:
    excellent, thanks for letting me know,

I thought Sanford had taken the videos down.

Im currently doing a grad certificate in Statistics at Birkbeck trying to prepare for the MSc, so dont have too much free time,
    and im supposed to be getting my math up to scratch this year, and not trying to jump ahead too much, but i cant help it, so will def check them out

Thanks for the heads up

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.