The Student Room Group

City and Guilds/AMSPAR 0 Medical Secretary - Edinburgh

HI

I am looking in to doing a Medical Secretary diploma with Lewis Secretarial College. I have also looked at Pitman, but it seems Id have to attend classes and they don't seem to readily provide prices. I have emailed back and forward with Lewis College and they are really helpful, have great reviews, not pushy at all and I get a better impression from them.

The lady from Lewis college said I would have enough knowledge to sit the City and Guilds/AMSPAR Medical Terminology exam, once I completed their course. This would have to be done by arranging it myself etc.

I am looking for advice on this. Is it available in Edinburgh anywhere except doing the course and exam with Pitman?

I have contacted AMSPAR and City and Guilds and don't seem to have got any further with getting the information I need.

I have a business degree (2003) so really old, and I have been at home with my children for about 10 years so I am looking to update my skills in admin, but particularly in medical admin. I would like to work in the NHS and realise Ill probably have to work my way up, which is fine.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending