Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomazo)
    :confused: All a quick google shows is statements about the 2017/18 academic year, all of which state that nothing is confirmed regarding 2018/19 onwards. So if your google shows something my google doesn't, I'd be glad to see that.
    I was just going by the speech May made a few months back on all rights currently enjoyed staying as long as the person is in before the leave date which is March 2019 at earliest.

She mentioned science and students specifically in that speech

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The main thing people don't understand is that brexit supporters aren't against the EU or the Europeans, and that we didn't just vote to help Britain thrive in the world, but it's a much needed wake up call for the EU to seriously and quickly reform or face abandonment and collapse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnightice)
    You went to London South Bank University. Wouldn't wipe my arse with a degree from there.
    Maybe you should, as I am more successful and earn more than you ever will in your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jf1994)
    What about the majority that voted for Brexit, hmm? :smug:
    That majority voted the way it did for mostly xenophobic and/or nationalist motives There are good and bad majorities. Has nothing to do with my point though which was to show what the majority of German people think.

Have you still not caught on that the hoighty-toighty hyperbola that you're still spewing (months after the referendum) is exactly what cost the remain side the referendum? People don't appreciate being spoken to in that tone of voice, especially when what you're saying is so utterly hysterical and bordering on obsession.
    You know, I don't give a flying ****. I'll happily talk down to those people all day long while elections and referendums go against my preference.
    These people are only punishing themselves - Brexit will hurt all Brits but it'll hurt the uneducated nationalists the most, their jobs will go first. The deplorables that voted Trump into office will not get their jobs, 'their country' back, they'll just lose their affordable health care and pay more for the imported goods they've gotten so used to.
    I'll never treat these people with respect and try to reason with them calmly. Supporting the far superior ideology (leftism, liberalism) and being intelligent, educated, and wealthy will always see me come out on top anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil)
    Maybe you should, as I am more successful and earn more than you ever will in your life.
    You really are a bit of a nob aren't you.

You couldn't possibly know how much someone will earn or how successful someone will be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    You really are a bit of a nob aren't you.

You couldn't possibly know how much someone will earn or how successful someone will be.
    Of course I can't. But reading someone's posts (drawing inferences about their intelligence and employability given my life and professional experience), knowing they'll graduate into an isolated economy caught in recession, assuming they are not fluent in a second -let alone third- language (like the overwhelming majority of Brits) and knowing how far my income is above average and median I can make a pretty solid assumption.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    You think Scotland would better off out of the UK?
    Scotland can just leave and get Westminster to give them whatever they want.

ReputationRep:
    Scotland are basically trying to leave one country to join another "country". Well, the EU wants to be a country, anyway.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I was quite impressed with May's speech overall having previously come to the conclusion that we cannot make the best of Brexit as part of the customs union and that staying part of the ECJ was not something we could tolerate from a sovereignty point of view which also inevitably means leaving the single market. It was somewhat innovative and it spoke in the right tone (a global Britain).

Our return east of Suez is another indication of this.

ReputationRep:
    Of course I can't. But reading someone's posts (drawing inferences about their intelligence and employability given my life and profession al experience), knowing they'll graduate into an isolated economy caught in recession, assuming they are not fluent in a second -let alone third- language (like the overwhelming majority of Brits) and knowing how far my income is above average and median I can make a pretty solid assumption.
    Dat Napoleon complex doe

ReputationRep:
    Dat Napoleon complex doe
    6'1/185cm. Try again

ReputationRep:
    6'1/185cm. Try again
    I can totally understand why you don't fully understand the use of that phrase

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic to see that May isn't giving in to the whiny remainers and is opting for a hard Brexit. It's time to take our country back.

ReputationRep:
    I can totally understand why you don't fully understand the use of that phrase
    The predominant characteristic of the Napoleon Complex is compensation for short stature. I believe it is you who doesn't understand the use of that phrase.

If you wish to extend the definition to compensation for other kinds of physical shortcomings, I doubt my occasional and well-medicated allergic asthma qualifies.

We're drifting a bit off topic though... so yeah, hard Brexit, here you come!

ReputationRep:
    Of course I can't. But reading someone's posts (drawing inferences about their intelligence and employability given my life and professional experience), knowing they'll graduate into an isolated economy caught in recession, assuming they are not fluent in a second -let alone third- language (like the overwhelming majority of Brits) and knowing how far my income is above average and median I can make a pretty solid assumption.
    6'1/185cm. Try again
    "I have so much money folks, I don't even know what to do with it. I'm tired of winning. I'm not 5'10" I swear it, and my fingers are normal length".

Seriously though, you're spewing nonsense. The majority of Leavers voted to regain sovereignty. They didn't hate Europe, they just didnt want to be a province of a European state. This is a well-established fact.

ReputationRep:
    The predominant characteristic of the Napoleon Complex is compensation for short stature. I believe it is you who doesn't understand the use of that phrase.

If you wish to extend the definition to compensation for other kinds of physical shortcomings, I doubt my occasional and well-medicated allergic asthma qualifies.

We're drifting a bit off topic though... so yeah, hard Brexit, here you come!
    Your physical shortcomings are likely the least of your problems, unfortunately, and are not the ones I was alluding to

ReputationRep:
    Your physical shortcomings are likely the least of your problems, unfortunately, and are not the ones I was alluding to
    Then you REALLY have no idea how to use that phrase, and should ideally stfu

ReputationRep:
    Oh sure, I guess that's why you spend your time chatting **** on student forums. Mr Worldwide!

Guess that's why I have a grad job already lined up with a top strategy consulting firm, earning well over the average UK salary. True story, bro!

That hurt you a bit, didn't it? Seems like you can give but can't take. Just call me a far-right racist if it makes you feel any better.

ReputationRep:
    Oh sure, I guess that's why you spend your time chatting **** on student forums. Mr Worldwide!
    Yup, one gotta have a bit of fun every now and then! Making dumb children like you lot cry is too easy for it not to be supremely enjoyable.

Guess that's why I have a grad job already lined up with a top strategy consulting firm, earning well over the average UK salary. True story, bro!

That hurt you a bit, didn't it?
    Nah, why would it? I started out in strategy consulting too, actually made it through the ranks and saw many wannabe loud-mouths like you who couldn't take the heat crash and burn in their first years. Sorry to disappoint, but earning 'well over the average UK salary' is a far way off of ever catching up to me, son.

Just call me a far-right racist if it makes you feel any better.
    Will do.

ReputationRep:
    Who TitanicTeutonicPhil thinks he is.

Who he actually is.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.