Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vodrach)
    Has any one that applied for the HR scheme heard back?
    It's annoying that they haven't given us any updates
    I had the finance assessment day on Thursday last week but still haven't heard back. Has anyone from finance or HR heard anything??

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I got a call asking if I would be open to changing streams when I said yes I was then invited to the assessment centre for next week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vodrach)
    Hey, I got a call asking if I would be open to changing streams when I said yes I was then invited to the assessment centre for next week
    Change from what to what?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    if they haven't called you after 3 working days I suggest contacting them

(Original post by raheel95)
    I had the finance assessment day on Thursday last week but still haven't heard back. Has anyone from finance or HR heard anything??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerwizard)
    Change from what to what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They didn't say, they just said would I be happy to change if I had to. I applied for HR

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I just got a call to go to an assessment center in Hammersmith next week. I applied to the Business Scheme though, and heard that most people that apply to this one go to the Newbury office. Do you think I should ask them? I only heard about finance people going to the London office...

ReputationRep:
    I had my business/enterprise AC yesterday, it was in Newbury. Most of the current grads I talked to said they were in Newbury the majority for at least 3 of the 4 six month placements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tricci)
    I had my business/enterprise AC yesterday, it was in Newbury. Most of the current grads I talked to said they were in Newbury the majority for at least 3 of the 4 six month placements.
    Ok, thanks! How was the AC? Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luisapalmeira)
    Ok, thanks! How was the AC? Any advice?
    It was really chilled compared to others I've been to tbh - it was only a half day one too, which helped massively seeing as tiredness usually starts affecting me by the end (don't get much sleep the night before an AC). There was quite a big group of people, and everyone was pretty confident compared to others I've been to - I get the impression the role kind of demands though.

So for the group exercise I'd say really try and make sure you contribute as much as possible, mine was a group of 5 and 2 others had really strong personalities, so I really had to push my points. They also look for you to challenge others, so always look for opportunities to question their approach and ensure you can justify yours. I was told you get marked highly for this because they really want people who 'go against the grain' so to speak. Also you get given a lot of information and very limited time to analyse it, so make sure you are efficient in extracting relevant data and key points - a lot of people said they didn't cover all of the info in time. Voda is a really fast-paced environment according the grads, so speed is of the essence in all tasks. Only one person presents the findings, so I would suggest offering yourself forward but showing willingness to give way for someone who really wants to, or someone who hasn't spoken as much in the discussion part.

In the individual exercise it's pretty much the same deal as the group one, but without the discussion. You present to one assessor and they all seemed really nice so it's not really nerve racking at all. Again with this one speed is essential during prep - its a paperless AC so everything is done on mini computers and it can be difficult switching between tabs so get a few key points down for each section of the brief and expand on them when you're presenting. The questions at the end of this were relatively straight forward, just take your time when considering responses.

The interview was mostly competency based - I got asked around 7-8 questions in addition to giving an overview of my CV. Some of the follow ups within those competency examples were around how they could be applied to this role at Voda. So i'd suggest considering a few key projects you might like to work on in Enterprise and thinking about how skills learnt from previous experiences are transferable. One last tip for the competency questions is to say what you've learnt after each example/experience and what you would do differently next time. This is usually what they probe on so if you anticipate that and include it in the original answer it comes across favorably - as was confirmed at the end by the lady interviewing me .

I am awaiting the dreaded response which they said would most likely be tomorrow, but I am quietly confident. Let me know if you have any other questions, and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    It was really chilled compared to others I've been to tbh - it was only a half day one too, which helped massively seeing as tiredness usually starts affecting me by the end (don't get much sleep the night before an AC). There was quite a big group of people, and everyone was pretty confident compared to others I've been to - I get the impression the role kind of demands though.

So for the group exercise I'd say really try and make sure you contribute as much as possible, mine was a group of 5 and 2 others had really strong personalities, so I really had to push my points. They also look for you to challenge others, so always look for opportunities to question their approach and ensure you can justify yours. I was told you get marked highly for this because they really want people who 'go against the grain' so to speak. Also you get given a lot of information and very limited time to analyse it, so make sure you are efficient in extracting relevant data and key points - a lot of people said they didn't cover all of the info in time. Voda is a really fast-paced environment according the grads, so speed is of the essence in all tasks. Only one person presents the findings, so I would suggest offering yourself forward but showing willingness to give way for someone who really wants to, or someone who hasn't spoken as much in the discussion part.

In the individual exercise it's pretty much the same deal as the group one, but without the discussion. You present to one assessor and they all seemed really nice so it's not really nerve racking at all. Again with this one speed is essential during prep - its a paperless AC so everything is done on mini computers and it can be difficult switching between tabs so get a few key points down for each section of the brief and expand on them when you're presenting. The questions at the end of this were relatively straight forward, just take your time when considering responses.

The interview was mostly competency based - I got asked around 7-8 questions in addition to giving an overview of my CV. Some of the follow ups within those competency examples were around how they could be applied to this role at Voda. So i'd suggest considering a few key projects you might like to work on in Enterprise and thinking about how skills learnt from previous experiences are transferable. One last tip for the competency questions is to say what you've learnt after each example/experience and what you would do differently next time. This is usually what they probe on so if you anticipate that and include it in the original answer it comes across favorably - as was confirmed at the end by the lady interviewing me .

I am awaiting the dreaded response which they said would most likely be tomorrow, but I am quietly confident. Let me know if you have any other questions, and good luck!
    Uau, thank you so much! This really helps! Hope you get the job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luisapalmeira)
    Uau, thank you so much! This really helps! Hope you get the job
    No worries! Thanks, so do I :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almbou)
    Hi guys sorry for the late reply.

So i'll tell you about my experience for the finance graduate scheme assessment centre in London I had this early this month. I was invited via email and had to choose whether I wanted to attend the morning or afternoon session. I decided to choose the morning because you want to be the first to shine haha. So onto the actual assessment centre day - it was to last from 8.30am to 12.30pm, however we didn't really start until 9.00am and we finished early. Until 9am, all the candidates (about 18 of us) were gathered in the seating area just chatting and getting to know each other. Chatting to everyone definitely helped calm my nerves. A current grad later came to join us for a quick chat and to answer any questions.

At 9 we had our photos taken and given name badges, then we were taken to a large meeting room for a company presentation. I highly suggest using this company presentation to your advantage by remembering additional key points about Vodafone such as its values and charitable work - you can use this information to help you in the tasks and make you look even more knowledgable about the company. After the company presentation we were split into 3 groups of about 5/6 for the assessment tasks. I was put into a group of 5 for my first task which was the group exercise.

The group exercise was one of the least stressful that I have experienced. For the task we had to discuss a new business idea Vodafone could venture into, discussing 5 main points that were given. The task takes 45mins, 20mins to read the relevant material alone which included graphs, tables and articles, 20 mins to discuss as a team and share your ideas, then 5 mins to present (as a team you have to decide who will present). I have some important advice here. For this task you must speak up and give your opinion, do not stay quiet and barely contribute, I can't stress this enough. Share your ideas in a confident and convincing manner, making sure you regularly contribute. However, do not interrupt others or dismiss someone's ideas, listen to everyone and respect their ideas, you do not want to come across as overbearing. After the discussion you must nominate someone to present. In my case, everyone wanted to present which is understandable. However it got to the point where we were taking too long to decide who to pick. At this point, instead of just nominating myself to present, I kindly asked one of the candidates if he wanted to go ahead and present seeing that he was keen, to which he agreed. I personally think this played to my advantage as it showed I was willing to let someone else present, even though I wanted to myself. The chosen person then stands up and presents the group's ideas to the assessors and gives our overall decision.

The next task was the individual presentation where you are put in a room with your team again and each given material to read for the presentation. For this you had to present a sort of business idea you think Vodafone should invest in and explain why. Again, you had to cover the 5-6 discussion points given to you. You get about 25 mins to read the materials and write up notes. After this you are taken to a seating area to present your ideas to an assessor. Although this sounds a little scary (believe me I was very nervous about this particular task) it wasn't that bad! You sit down opposite the assessor and have 10mins to give your case and present your ideas. Again, just make sure you are confident and present your ideas clearly. Use information in the materials to support your case and tie in the Vodafone brand and culture to your points. After 10mins the assessor asks you around 6 follow up questions about your ideas and conclusions. To me, the presentation seemed more like a formal conversation which made it less daunting, especially as I didn't have to stand up or use a whiteboard.

After this is the interview, which I was nervous about too. Luckily I had my interview with a lady from HR so I wasn't asked any specific finance-y questions. However even if you do get someone from finance they might just stick to asking the 5 questions. She introduced herself then asked me to introduce myself, then she went on to ask me 5 standard competency questions to do with team work, creativity, innovation, customer service and problem solving. I think she also asked me why I believe Vodafone should choose me (along those lines). After answering a competency question the interviewer may ask you follow up questions if they are not sure you have completely answered the question or want some more detail. This happened to me a couple times so its nothing to worry about. I would suggest using the STAR method when answering each question so your answers are clear and structured. The interview was actually quite short and lasted about 25 mins.

After the interview you and your group are given a quick online tour of the Newbury office and have the oppurtunity to ask any more questions. Then thats it! We were told we would get a call on Monday to tell us if we were successful, which thank God I was. All in all don't let your nerves hinder your confidence. Let your personality shine, contribute interesting and creative ideas and show a passion for Vodafone and its culture!

Sorry for the long post but I hope this will help. Let me know if you have any more questions.
    Thanks! Great advice

ReputationRep:
    Anyone for the Group Enterprise scheme heard back yet? I was told I would hear last Friday :/. Although all of the people in my group exercise have apparently received rejections.

ReputationRep:
    Bump - Anyone heard anything? They have been so bad at keeping in contact and I don't have a contact number or anything. I have another offer expiring today too.

ReputationRep:
    You have another job offer that you haven't accepted yet?

Bump - Anyone heard anything? They have been so bad at keeping in contact and I don't have a contact number or anything. I have another offer expiring today too.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to so many grad schemes - I've been invited to 20 Assessment Centres. I've been to 6 (excluding voda) so far and i'm already hoarding 2 offers that I've accepted, so don't particularly want to accept another that I might have to go back on. (Yes, I am indecisive as ****) haha, I just got hold of Voda and they said they are still reviewing applications because they had so many for Enterprise. Voda is higher salary than two of the others and after visiting Newbury I must say im pretty keen to work there.

ReputationRep:
    If the job you have an offer for is also good I suggest you accept it just incase Vodafone doesn't go to plan. That way you have 3 offers to choose from which is amazing.

I've applied to so many grad schemes - I've been invited to 20 Assessment Centres. I've been to 6 (excluding voda) so far and i'm already hoarding 2 offers that I've accepted, so don't particularly want to accept another that I might have to go back on. (Yes, I am indecisive as ****) haha, I just got hold of Voda and they said they are still reviewing applications because they had so many for Enterprise. Voda is higher salary than two of the others and after visiting Newbury I must say im pretty keen to work there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almbou)
    If the job you have an offer for is also good I suggest you accept it just incase Vodafone doesn't go to plan. That way you have 3 offers to choose from which is amazing.
    Yeah I guess so, its only a verbal agreement at this stage anyway so not too hard to reneg on I guess. Voda was never initially my first choice (I've been gunning for roles mostly in consulting) but the salary and general environment is really appealing. Congrats on your offer though , you must have done really good to get one after only a few days! The fact Voda was paperless really slowed me down as my tablet kept freezing, was so bloody annoying. I opened a new tab for the individual assessment and it deleted half of my notes so I had to recite them from memory in the presentation.

ReputationRep:
    2 weeks later... got the offer. Wooo!! Decided to accept this one for real.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!!

2 weeks later... got the offer. Wooo!! Decided to accept this one for real.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.