The Student Room Group

will i be accepted into uni?

hi got
D in media
DE in applied IT
i want to do law and criminology
will i be accepted in any university?
well now you can be accepted into uni even with EEU so you'll be fine but it would be a mediocre/below par uni. Are you sure you don't want to pursue a higher apprenticeship instead, with those grades it may mean you're more practical rather than taking exams. You'll save on uni and living costs whilst gaining experience so it may be a better option for you but your choice :smile:

I did a quick search for which unis u can go with grades of DDE for that specific course, and the ones which came up are: keele, london met, bedfordshire, chester, west london, UWE, southampton solent, and cumbria. none of those are well known or great for academia except for keele I THINK, even if u go to the league tables; solent comes last, west london 96th, london met 94th, bedforeshire 92nd, cumbria 85th, and chester 70th, the only one which is actually decent is Keele which is 33rd so that could be a good option?
Reply 2
thank you so much , i have applied to UWE, Brighton, surrey , birmingham city and portsmouth.

My parents and i want to go to uni. i dont care what uni it is to be honest , i just want to get into a uni.
That is the WORST outlook. What do you want to achieve at university? Will resitting hold you in better stead? Is it worth the debt going to a bad university with bad job prospects?
Keele is a good shout and it comes up in clearing every year

If you don't get into the unis that you applied for don't lose hope - clearing can offer some really good places after unis drop the required grades for the courses ☺️
Original post by kimiya97
thank you so much , i have applied to UWE, Brighton, surrey , birmingham city and portsmouth.

My parents and i want to go to uni. i dont care what uni it is to be honest , i just want to get into a uni.

from what i know (not too sure about ur course), portsmouth and surrey are the ones which stand out to me. i wouldn't recommend brighton UWE or b'ham city they're not good at all. But seriously you should reconsider, you're going to be going into £27,000 debt + living costs just so that you can go to uni for the sake of going? That's not a good way of going about it - ik i may sound like a bit of a dic* here but you should really look at resitting, it will make it much easier and believe it or not resitting can allow you to get much better grades overall next year and go to MUCH MUCH better unis. I retook last year and now hold offers from 3 top 20 and 1 top 10 uni so i would really advise you to do that instead of rushing urself into any sh** uni - that is not the right way of going about it. But i guess if ur really set on it, go for it, just make sure the uni u choose is one u have looked at and are sure you will be able to get out what u want from ur time there, and that u can actually get a job after going there! i was surprised by the average grad salaries of some of the unis with ur course, like UWE and Chester have just £16/17k and these are deffo factors u should look at, as well as student satisfaction.
Reply 6
i cant do resits , i will go crazy. i prefer going to a bad uni. if i do good in the first year i can transfer to a better uni right ?
Reply 7
Original post by epsilondelta
Keele is a good shout and it comes up in clearing every year

If you don't get into the unis that you applied for don't lose hope - clearing can offer some really good places after unis drop the required grades for the courses ☺️

thank you :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by azizadil1998
from what i know (not too sure about ur course), portsmouth and surrey are the ones which stand out to me. i wouldn't recommend brighton UWE or b'ham city they're not good at all. But seriously you should reconsider, you're going to be going into £27,000 debt + living costs just so that you can go to uni for the sake of going? That's not a good way of going about it - ik i may sound like a bit of a dic* here but you should really look at resitting, it will make it much easier and believe it or not resitting can allow you to get much better grades overall next year and go to MUCH MUCH better unis. I retook last year and now hold offers from 3 top 20 and 1 top 10 uni so i would really advise you to do that instead of rushing urself into any sh** uni - that is not the right way of going about it. But i guess if ur really set on it, go for it, just make sure the uni u choose is one u have looked at and are sure you will be able to get out what u want from ur time there, and that u can actually get a job after going there! i was surprised by the average grad salaries of some of the unis with ur course, like UWE and Chester have just £16/17k and these are deffo factors u should look at, as well as student satisfaction.

i will defo check them out , thank you so much
You shouldn't want to go to uni for the sake of going if that makes sense. I'd much rather go to none at all, than one with a bad reputation-because they're likely not going to help you expand your knowledge further.
Hi mate,

Here's what I think you should do:

Resit some of the exams to push your grades to a higher tier. While throughout the year you do something productive by reading professional publications and attend a apprenticeship or work experiance to boost your personal statement.

Remember, ultimately when you complete your law degree at what ever university you go to, many firms through the world epecially in the US require a state-by-state exam. Meaning if you pass your exam in a particular state, you can only work there. Where as if you wanted to swap to another state, you would have to do their state exam to be allowed to offer your services.

I know quite a few people that said the law degree they earned simply helped them to prep for the state exams. So ultimately you could just take an apprenticeship to gather the knowledge.

Your choice mate.

Quick Reply

Latest