Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am coming to the end of my last year of A Levels and have not applied to any Art courses, foundation or otherwise, as I will be living in Spain for the duration of the next academic year. On coming back to England, however, I am wanting to keep doing art and am wondering if it's advisable to go back straight into a Fine Art degree. A foundation year at this point would not be free and potentially therefore not worth it. Were I to develop and continue my Art and portfolio while in Spain, what approach should I have to coming back to the UK and moving on to higher education in Art and what advice does anyone have about it?

Thank you
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by constancedales)
    I am coming to the end of my last year of A Levels and have not applied to any Art courses, foundation or otherwise, as I will be living in Spain for the duration of the next academic year. On coming back to England, however, I am wanting to keep doing art and am wondering if it's advisable to go back straight into a Fine Art degree. A foundation year at this point would not be free and potentially therefore not worth it. Were I to develop and continue my Art and portfolio while in Spain, what approach should I have to coming back to the UK and moving on to higher education in Art and what advice does anyone have about it?

Thank you
    What about completing an online foundation diploma?

http://idesigni.co.uk/courses/art-de...ign-foundation is delivered online joint by University of Hertfordshire.

It would help keep you on track while you're away and you'd come out with a qualification at the end and they can help you with your application.

ReputationRep:
    Which part of Spain are you going to?
    (I'm Spanish)

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.