Post Gap Year Art Studies Watch

constancedales
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am coming to the end of my last year of A Levels and have not applied to any Art courses, foundation or otherwise, as I will be living in Spain for the duration of the next academic year. On coming back to England, however, I am wanting to keep doing art and am wondering if it's advisable to go back straight into a Fine Art degree. A foundation year at this point would not be free and potentially therefore not worth it. Were I to develop and continue my Art and portfolio while in Spain, what approach should I have to coming back to the UK and moving on to higher education in Art and what advice does anyone have about it?

Thank you
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by constancedales)
I am coming to the end of my last year of A Levels and have not applied to any Art courses, foundation or otherwise, as I will be living in Spain for the duration of the next academic year. On coming back to England, however, I am wanting to keep doing art and am wondering if it's advisable to go back straight into a Fine Art degree. A foundation year at this point would not be free and potentially therefore not worth it. Were I to develop and continue my Art and portfolio while in Spain, what approach should I have to coming back to the UK and moving on to higher education in Art and what advice does anyone have about it?

Thank you
What about completing an online foundation diploma?

http://idesigni.co.uk/courses/art-de...ign-foundation is delivered online joint by University of Hertfordshire.

It would help keep you on track while you're away and you'd come out with a qualification at the end and they can help you with your application.
RocioRey
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Which part of Spain are you going to?
(I'm Spanish)

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?

Yes (186)
18.98%
No (590)
60.2%
Not really bothered about them (204)
20.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise