Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys , I'm due for a pre course day and I get really anxious travelling to places without knowing where or what I'm doing , I've google mapped everything but was wondering from those that know what the easiest way to get to the collegiate campus is from the train station. I don't know Sheffield so it will need to be in simple terms 😂 Any help will be much appreciated !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Js1104)
    Hi guys , I'm due for a pre course day and I get really anxious travelling to places without knowing where or what I'm doing , I've google mapped everything but was wondering from those that know what the easiest way to get to the collegiate campus is from the train station. I don't know Sheffield so it will need to be in simple terms 😂 Any help will be much appreciated !!!
    hi there!!! i'm a student at hallam. i know it's super scary getting to collegiate from city campus, but you can do it for sure.

so you have several options!

option number one: you can catch the shuttle bus to collegiate from the students union. it runs every hour - here's a timetable, for reference. the HUBs is the student union. to get there from the train station you exit the station, walk up with the waterfall things on your right, cross the main road, then turn left and you'll see it. it's a big, grey, oddly shaped building. feel free to ask other students or the bus driver if you're getting off at the right stop. everyone's really friendly in sheffield so you don't have to worry about that.

option number two: get a taxi! they're not particularly expensive in sheffield. you can call an uber or city taxis. if you want to get one on the day, leave the train station and turn left; there will be taxis right there for you to hop into!

option number three: public transport. there should be loads of buses to collegiate from the bus station, which is super close to the train station! if you leave the train station, cross the ring road again, and then turn right towards signs that say 'Eric Mensforth' you're going in the right direction. opposite the Eric Mensforth building there's the bus station! it's a bunch of short shelters. there will be timetables there - or, i'm sure, timetables online for you to refer to.

if you have any questions, feel free to ask! good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notinacreepyway)
    hi there!!! i'm a student at hallam. i know it's super scary getting to collegiate from city campus, but you can do it for sure.

so you have several options!

option number one: you can catch the shuttle bus to collegiate from the students union. it runs every hour - here's a timetable, for reference. the HUBs is the student union. to get there from the train station you exit the station, walk up with the waterfall things on your right, cross the main road, then turn left and you'll see it. it's a big, grey, oddly shaped building. feel free to ask other students or the bus driver if you're getting off at the right stop. everyone's really friendly in sheffield so you don't have to worry about that.

option number two: get a taxi! they're not particularly expensive in sheffield. you can call an uber or city taxis. if you want to get one on the day, leave the train station and turn left; there will be taxis right there for you to hop into!

option number three: public transport. there should be loads of buses to collegiate from the bus station, which is super close to the train station! if you leave the train station, cross the ring road again, and then turn right towards signs that say 'Eric Mensforth' you're going in the right direction. opposite the Eric Mensforth building there's the bus station! it's a bunch of short shelters. there will be timetables there - or, i'm sure, timetables online for you to refer to.

if you have any questions, feel free to ask! good luck!!
    Thanks ! My options are probably going to be bus or walking I'm going to do a trial run on Monday with my sister so when I need to go alone I won't be as anxious ! I drive but have been advised against it as parking is hard and expensive compared to the deals on travel passes etc . Thanks for your help
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Js1104)
    Thanks ! My options are probably going to be bus or walking I'm going to do a trial run on Monday with my sister so when I need to go alone I won't be as anxious ! I drive but have been advised against it as parking is hard and expensive compared to the deals on travel passes etc . Thanks for your help
    The public buses up to Collegiate run every 5 minutes during the week and you could get 'any of the 80s' as we say: 81, 82, 83, 85, 88, and they will take you to the street outside Collegiate Campus. It's £1 for a student ticket You get these buses from the top of Fargate, outside VirginMoney.

The shuttle bus that notinacreepyway mentioned is FREE too, so that will save you some cash. :driver:

Laura

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.