Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for QMUL, Bristol, Birmingham, St Andrews and Bath for physics on Jan 7th.

I've heard back from Bristol and QMUL, but not the others, on track. I'm kind of losing my mind, as my firm is St Andrews.

Am I being paranoid? What's the average amount of time Unis take to respond?

I applied with AS grades, as I haven't given A2 yet, and I received conditional offers for QMUL and Bristol.

ReputationRep:
    Any responses that are pending are just that pending if they had decided your not up to their standard or not to make you an offer you would have already received a rejection.

Think about it logically why on earth would they delay that? They have a lot of work to get through and a basic strategy for getting through large work volumes is to get the easy stuff out the way first hence if they had decided to reject you you would already know.

Your sitting in a strong position with two out of two responses been offers.

The other 3 are pending so just relax all this means is that they have not made a decision on your application yet.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    10 days is really nothing. When I applied, I had 3 offers in 9 days, and then silence on my UCAS for 3 months. It all depends on the universities, they have until May to respond to you.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by fandom-queen)
    I've applied for QMUL, Bristol, Birmingham, St Andrews and Bath for physics on Jan 7th.

I've heard back from Bristol and QMUL, but not the others, on track. I'm kind of losing my mind, as my firm is St Andrews.

Am I being paranoid? What's the average amount of time Unis take to respond?

I applied with AS grades, as I haven't given A2 yet, and I received conditional offers for QMUL and Bristol.
    The AVERAGE time between application and offer/rejection is 7 WEEKS.

Many will contact you before deciding to confirm receipt of your application. Make sure to check your junk and spam email folders - university emails are OFTEN blacklisted by gmail/yahoo etc.

For example for St Andrews you should have received login information for their applicant portal: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/study/my-application/ and they explain that for most courses they don't even start making offers until after the 15 January deadline https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/study/ug/apply/after/

If you're worried check a univerity's website for reply times and if they're not listed then ring them up and ask.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I applied on October 17th and have only had one offer through on track (and another via email but is not on track yet). You'll probably have to wait for a couple months to hear back - especially from St Andrews which normally responds super late

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, you really put my mind at ease! Gosh, I've been worrying a lot.......

ReputationRep:
    I got 4 offers back in 5 days, and waited 5 months for my final offer :moon:
    You've got plenty of time

ReputationRep:
    If you're worried about waiting so long you should try applying for Medicine, some applicants don't hear until March and our deadline is 15th October Congrats on your offers so far though!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.