Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

May announces hard Brexit - £ surges Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    If trump caused the dollar to weaken why did the dollar reach a 14 year high when he was elected?
    Trump threaten to fire that lady who is in charge of fed (forgot her name) , she is basically the number 1 reason why US has delayed increasing interest rates.

Now that trump has sworn in and people see all the flaws in his administration, (many key positions not nominated, feud with intelligence officers, refusing intelligence briefing, senators blocking nominations, etc... )

I am guessing that some people might have lost faith.

This is not in the newspaper, but my opinion is trump cuddling up with farage and promising a brexit trade deal also contributed to it. But then dollar is weakening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    Funny. Trump the godfather of fake news calls others fake news. Brexiters call others liars when that is all they did in the campaign.

"Hmmm, how do I get away with lying, oh I know, call everyone else liars, that ought to do it. People will believe me coz they want to hear my lies. Aren't I wonderfully clever."
    I don't accept your premise that I was lying, obviously. I pointed out that the £ had been overvalued, pre Brexit, and produced evidence from an independent authority to support that assertion.

But I will say this to all anti Brexit and anti Trump agitators. You don't seem to be doing a great job of making your case, do you?

So either we are wonderfully clever or you are woefully stupid. Or maybe it is a bit of both...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astutehirstute)
    I don't accept your premise that I was lying, obviously. I pointed out that the £ had been overvalued, pre Brexit, and produced evidence from an independent authority to support that assertion.

But I will say this to all anti Brexit and anti Trump agitators. You don't seem to be doing a great job of making your case, do you?

So either we are wonderfully clever or you are woefully stupid. Or maybe it is a bit of both...
    I already said it - people want to hear the Brexit and Trump lies. Not much can be done about that right now.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.