Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Was this woman flirting with me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Was a bit tired yesterday and was chatting to this assistant in supermarket, and for background I have aspergers and people often think I am flirting with them due to me being so friendly.

I just mentioned how the weather was warmer than usual, and we started a conversation that lasted a few minutes (place was empty) then I mentioned it was warm in the shop and she mentioned she normally doesn't have heating on in her house and likes to keep warm in "other ways" and gave me this naughty smile.

I interpreted that as the stereotype (well its truthful) that people have more sex at winter to keep warm.

But did she mean it as well in a flirty way?

ReputationRep:
    She probably meant she uses a hot water bottle fam.

How naughty

ReputationRep:
    from what you have told us OP, it sounds like a full on flirt from the checkout lady !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbluebox)
    I just mentioned how the weather was warmer than usual, and we started a conversation that lasted a few minutes (place was empty) then I mentioned it was warm in the shop and she mentioned she normally doesn't have heating on in her house and likes to keep warm in "other ways" and gave me this naughty smile.
    I'm oblivious to flirting (because I never get flirted with :laugh:) so I'm perhaps the wrong person to be offering any insight, but I think that was at least a signal for you to ask for her number. Not necessarily sex, but I think she was at least implying she'd like to cuddle up to you.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    No, she's paid to be nice to you lol.

Do you have no concept of what customer service is?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    I'm oblivious to flirting (because I never get flirted with :laugh:) so I'm perhaps the wrong person to be offering any insight, but I think that was at least a signal for you to ask for her number. Not necessarily sex, but I think she was at least implying she'd like to cuddle up to you.
    You get female attention, you just don't notice it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    No, she's paid to be nice to you lol.

Do you have no concept of what customer service is?
    She's not paid to make suggestive comments.

(Original post by BigMan Ting)
    You get female attention, you just don't notice it.
    *yawn*
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    She's not paid to make suggestive comments.
    How on Earth was that suggestive?

Things are not suggestive unless you interpret them that way.
    Plus, I work in customer service.

ReputationRep:
    It' s a figure of speech??? Sounds comfortable enough to say that So at least being friendly then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    How on Earth was that suggestive?

Things are not suggestive unless you interpret them that way.
    Plus, I work in customer service.
    I'm only going by OP's description, which sounds suggestive. "Naughty smile". I can only provide advice/form an opinion based on that.

I used to myself.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm only going by OP's description, which sounds suggestive. "Naughty smile". I can only provide advice/form an opinion based on that.

I used to myself.
    So they say.

ReputationRep:
    It was the tone of voice and the way she make a cheeky smile and looked right at me when she said it and then she went silent for a few seconds then continued the conversation, as if she made the gap on purpose.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.