Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently studying A-level Art,Geography and Biology, predicted A*AB, i got 5A*3A's, 2B's at GCSE and really want to go to uni at Newcastle for Fine art, but I haven't done a foundation year/course and I don't know if thats something Newcastle would be looking for? I also haven't heard back from any of my UNI's yet but most my friends already have all their offers...? Is this normal? haha
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amelia Spence)
    I'm currently studying A-level Art,Geography and Biology, predicted A*AB, i got 5A*3A's, 2B's at GCSE and really want to go to uni at Newcastle for Fine art, but I haven't done a foundation year/course and I don't know if thats something Newcastle would be looking for? I also haven't heard back from any of my UNI's yet but most my friends already have all their offers...? Is this normal? haha
    Fine art (and art in general) uni courses usually take longer for decisions - because they'll be asking for a portfolio online or at interview then they like to wait until February or so to allow applicants time to prepare.

You may get an offer without foundation but if you don't then they'll likely explain that they think you're not quite ready yet and recommend a foundation diploma (remember that your application will be compared against applicants who are a year ahead of you on a foundation diploma where they're working almost entirely on developing their style and portfolio).
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amelia Spence)
    Have you submitted your portfolio yet? Their website says the deadline is 27th January: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/d...ryrequirements

If you haven't heard from them at all about the requirements then check your spam/junk filters for emails and if there's nothing in there ring them up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.