Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I am American and I'm going to the UK for a bit. I have lived outside of the US for about 7 years now. I have been diagnosed with ADD maybe 7 or 8 times now, so I know I have it, and each country has a different procedure on how to get meds. Would I have to go to a psychiatrist first and get diagnosed all over again to get the prescription or could I just go to a GP?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    could you get a letter from your previous doctor to give to a uk gp that explains your diagnosis and current medication?
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2017
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.