Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mock results Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am really disappointed with the fact that my mock results are not as good as I expected it. I really am upset about it, I've been thinking if these results will reflect on my actual GCSE results, please someone support!!!

ReputationRep:
    I personally have found that mock results are accurate representations of your ability in the subject. If anything, you weren't in an exam situation, so you should prepare for your results to be worse in the summer as exam nerves tend to kick up and affect the student even more. Take this as a lesson, and find what you need to work on; what your weaknesses are. Learn to use failure as a strength. Pity gets you nowhere and neither does feeling sorry for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christina12)
    I am really disappointed with the fact that my mock results are not as good as I expected it. I really am upset about it, I've been thinking if these results will reflect on my actual GCSE results, please someone support!!!
    Mock results are not important at all. Unless you revised really hard and didn't do so well. Your mock results will show you what you don't know. It's only there to help you. Thats why its called a mock. Teachers usually expect you to get one or two grades higher than what you achieved in your mocks. Just work hard and you will do fine. trust me.

ReputationRep:
    f.uck mocks, they dont mean s.hit

ReputationRep:
    I see mocks as unimportant in the sense that they don't count. However, I do think that they're extremely important in the sense that you now know what your strengths and weaknesses are so you have plenty of time to work them out. My college does full mocks in December, February, and April so we can track our exam-style progress throughout the year. It helps me to realise what areas I'm better at (or even whole subjects) and where I need to focus on. For example, if I realise that I aced my biology exam except the areas on cell structure, I know that's the area where my revision should be focussed on. It also helps you in your timing and exam-style writing as well. It's all well and good getting an A in an essay you had a week to do, but if you did the same essay under exam conditions, you might only get a C. It's all about learning from your mistakes and focussing on improving your weak areas. My GCSE mocks absolutely did not reflect my actual results, and neither did my AS exams last year. Concentrate on looking forward rather than holding back. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about how good or bad you did in your mocks. So far in my mocks this year I have 5 A* and 1 A with still a few results to come in. I have done decently so far but I know I need to improve A LOT for the actual GCSE's in the summer. As people have said before, use the mocks as an indicator of your strengths and weaknesses and work on your weaknesses. Good luck!

ReputationRep:

Don't let it put you down, you can always bring yourself back up!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.