Giving up ballet after 13yrs?

Watch
Sophhhowa
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I'm 15 and have been doing ballet since I was 2 (13yrs) and I'm grade 6. However, I am not on pointe despite doing over 2.5 hrs a week for years (I know that doesn't necessarily mean I'm strong enough but still). I was my childhood dream to get on pointe and I said that I wouldn't give up until I got there but now I'm 15 and I don't know whether my teacher is going to tell me the good news this week or in 3 years! Also the idea of doing my grade 8 in a few years and having a complete set of grades from primary to g8 would be very satisfying but at this stage I'm trying to weigh up whether or not it's worth it. Do I do my exam and call it quits after 13yrs or do I keep going?
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If it's your dream then you shouldn't give up on it. How often do you practice? If you have some extra lessons, that could help with your exams. I think you should keep going.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got to Grade 6 ballet but never made it onto pointe work (though this was never the plan for me anyway, since I was overweight and my legs were never going to be strong enough). If it's a dream of yours that is not taking up time that needs to be diverted to other things (e.g. GCSE revision) and you are willing to be patient, then I would also say keep going!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (135)
28.6%
No - I have already returned home (63)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.7%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.53%
No - I live at home during term anyway (136)
28.81%

Watched Threads