Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Having had a gap year and applying for this September, recently received a no from Manchester being one grade off for business management. Manchester is really where i see myself and would love to go, seeing as i already have my grades is there anything i can do to try?? Is the uni often in clearing for business courses? Dont want to decline the offers i have and then not be in clearing!!

Thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ollaay)
    Having had a gap year and applying for this September, recently received a no from Manchester being one grade off for business management. Manchester is really where i see myself and would love to go, seeing as i already have my grades is there anything i can do to try?? Is the uni often in clearing for business courses? Dont want to decline the offers i have and then not be in clearing!!

Thanks
    As you already have a rejection it's unlikely they ll reconsider you in clearing, sorry

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, I was in the same situation when I received a rejection from them a few weeks back. You could try asking for feedback on the decision, and if you think it was made unfairly, you could always appeal against the decision. Hope it all goes well for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayling99)
    Hey there, I was in the same situation when I received a rejection from them a few weeks back. You could try asking for feedback on the decision, and if you think it was made unfairly, you could always appeal against the decision. Hope it all goes well for you
    Yeah i will do that thanks! How did yours go? Did they end up changing your offer?

ReputationRep:
    Keep trying! I'm on a gap year too, and I got offered a place for a course that I missed out by one grade. Albeit it's in Cardiff Uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ollaay)
    Yeah i will do that thanks! How did yours go? Did they end up changing your offer?
    I actually didn't go through the appeal process; just emailed to ask and they said that I didn't provide enough info on my predicted grades and asked me to send them through again so they can reassess. No word yet, but I've told them I'm doing the IELTS test soon (I'm an international student), so maybe they want to wait till I've got results for that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.