Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Invigilator was barking at me, I told the invigilator to calm down - > pissed the invigilator off even more, I said you cant talk like that -> filed complaint!

Now I have to go see a bloody committee.

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Apologise and act contrite

ReputationRep:
    What did you do to make him bark at you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobBobson)
    What did you do to make him bark at you?
    Didn't put my exam paper in the envelope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatABloodyJoke)

Now I have to go see a bloody committee.

Any advice?
    Do you want a capped resit?? You're an adult - what do you think you should do?

You behaved like an idiot and these are the consequences. Calm down, stop swearing, get the chip off your shoulder, act sorry and apologise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    Do you want a capped resit?? You're an adult - what do you think you should do?

You behaved like an idiot and these are the consequences. Calm down, stop swearing, get the chip off your shoulder, act sorry and apologise.
    Telling someone to calm down because they barked at you is acting like an adult. I think you're going massively over the top.

If you think acting like a passive wimp and letting anyone walk over you is being an adult, boy you're deluded.

ReputationRep:
    What a bloody joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    If you think acting like a passive wimp and letting anyone walk over you is being an adult, boy you're deluded.
    That's behaving like a brat.

A grown-up would realise that the invigilator possibly 1) has a load voice, or b) was stressed so spoke abruptly, and would let the issue go without throwing a tantrum.

You made this about your ego being dented, and you felt you need to put the invigilator 'in his place'.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.