ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThunderCat8)
    any Physics without maths rocks!
    Hear hear! :rolleyes:
    Although thankfully the maths bits do get easier when you're used to them

If anybody is interested:

Standard Grades: English, Maths and French =compulsory
    Physics and Chemistry=Physics for astronomy and chemistry to complement it
    Geography = hard picking a social subject, but the teachers were all good and I felt better at the work.
    Computing= I wanted to program
    Music = I loved music and there's nothing better than spending last period on a Friday faffing about on a piano

Highers: English was compulsory and Maths was as good as compulsory
    Geography=wasn't going to take it at first but it gave me broader choices which I now appreciate. Great subject, but a lot of work, even if it is easy to understand.
    Computing=Programming! And other assorted fun
    Physics=Felt like the right thing to do at the time. I think I regret it a bit to be honest. FAR TOO MUCH MATHS! Got better as the year went on though

Starting this year: Music as with standard grade, and drama for similar reasons

Advanced Highers:
    Computing=like the project idea
    Maths=logical work, quite interesting
    Geography=wanted a social subject, and most of mark is coursework

ReputationRep:
    I like the poem!
    I would recommend taking subjects that you enjoy or otherwise u should think of what you do enjoy or will enjoy. Perhaps you have more interest for writing farther than for example explaining a reaction between a metal and a non-metal in Chemistry. You may have a career which you would like to pursue, however are there subjects that you find more interesting than those that you require for that career? I found that I studied a lot and later achieved excellent results yet it wasn't until Sixth Form options that I started to experience a great change of thought of what I wanted to do as I no longer want to be a vet but a graphic designer instead.

It was then that I also felt the pressure of coming to term with my sexuality as I felt an extra-ordenery love for one boy in particular. Even though he is a 'beautiful stranger' it wasn't just an attraction but as if the image of him was compelling me towards his love. Have u experienced anything like this yourself?

ReputationRep:
    GCSE -

Geography - Easy! A*
    History - Academic A
    Food Tech - No writing (was what i thought! how wrong i was!) A*
    IT - Computers are everywhere! A*

& Also compulsary; French (A*), Science (A*A*), English (AA*) and Maths (A*)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quizzical)
    GCSE -

Geography - Easy! A*
    History - Academic A
    Food Tech - No writing (was what i thought! how wrong i was!) A*
    IT - Computers are everywhere! A*

& Also compulsary; French (A*), Science (A*A*), English (AA*) and Maths (A*)
    Is the point of this board just to show off how many A*'s you got ... or am I missing sumthing?

ReputationRep:
    GCSE

(I took english lang and english lit, maths, separate sciences, and french as compulsory sunbjects)

History - found this subject fascinating...developed many new skills, which helped me in other subjects, especially when analysing for science coursework or writing essays for english. Also had a good teacher, which of course helped!

Art - a much needed break from my other subjects. At first, i didnt enjoy the subject, since you need to be VERY organised. However, its all worth it when your work is finished off and displayed at the end of the GCSE course, since the subject gives you a lot more freedom to choose (ie what object, what materials to use).

R.S.- interesting course since you have an oppotunity to study a religion in more depth.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.