The Student Room Group

Fiance and I aiming to go to same university, do we have to apply differently?

My partner and I are both moving on to university this year, we've applied to all the same unis but our hearts are set on Exeter at the moment.

Neither of us know anything about student finance though. Do we have to do anything differently when we apply seeing as we're planning on getting a small flat together, or because we're engaged???
Original post by MyrmidonPrince
My partner and I are both moving on to university this year, we've applied to all the same unis but our hearts are set on Exeter at the moment.

Neither of us know anything about student finance though. Do we have to do anything differently when we apply seeing as we're planning on getting a small flat together, or because we're engaged???

You living together and being engaged unfortunately doesn't get you independent student status, it's having moved out of home and worked full time 3 years that does. But if it turns out that you don't get the full entitlement if they decide you re dependant students then getting married will immediately make you independent :tongue:
Hi MyrmidonPrince

Please also go back to this page: http://bit.ly/2hg1Qy0
If you click on the RESOURCES section there is lots of information about student finance such as when to apply, how to apply, funding.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending