Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Only in school when my mate would say "do you want to go in front of me"

ReputationRep:
    Jumping the queue is the only way you can get lunch before the end of lunch time at my school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobBobson)
    Jumping the queue is the only way you can get lunch before the end of lunch time at my school.
    I remember being a year 7 and I queued up properly and got my lunch and had to rush it down . Then I became smart and always jumped the queue in like the middle of year 7 until the end of year 11.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, lunch queues whenever I was younger just to get my food quicker

Usually occurs more in the older years, with their added bravery, 'rule-the-skool' attitude and disgust for the younger kids (we were all that small once!) :gasp:

But outside of school, it's just bad manners and infuriating when it happens to you. So perhaps we should discourage that sort of thing from a young age? Or is pushing in just part of lunchtime life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrainyBengali)
    Yep, lunch queues whenever I was younger just to get my food quicker

Usually occurs more in the older years, with their added bravery, 'rule-the-skool' attitude and disgust for the younger kids (we were all that small once!) :gasp:

But outside of school, it's just bad manners and infuriating when it happens to you. So perhaps we shoulddiscourage that sort of thing from a young age? Or is pushing in just part of lunchtime life?
    I mean in comparison to other countries (especially European), Britain is heaven for queuers.

ReputationRep:
    Don't date a girl who jumps the queue.

Wat a whore

ReputationRep:
    I'm British, not a barbarian.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Never, ever.

ReputationRep:
    I have, but I can't recall any specific instances.

ReputationRep:
    Only ski queues in Austria because those guys are ***holes.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    No, I'm too much of a goody two shoes :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We simply cannot just 'jump' the queue -- we are British.

However, one must state that at the airport when queueing to board a plane, it may seem more like a compound of scavengers than the traditional social convention we see elsewhere in public society (e.g. a shop)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah mate how else am I gonna get lunch at school

ReputationRep:
    Only savages jump queues. Any Briton caught doing it ought to be imprisoned without trial for treason.
    • Political Ambassador

Political Ambassador
    Omg, I'd feel so guilty.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah in school , but then the girl behind me shoved a fork in my ass.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.