Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi,

I'm finding life tough. I find it boring. I don't see the point of it, and I'm not particularly bothered if it carries on or not.

Here's what I want: To be successful.

Easier said than done of course, I'm pretty sure it's mainly luck that gets you success.

I am doing things to try to get it, but you know each of those things it's like buying a lottery ticket, maybe you'll win maybe not. It's simply luck.

Let me clarify, however: I don't want to be successful because I want money or fame or something, I don't want to be successful out of greed, I want to be successful out of fear.

Maybe you'll disagree with this, up to you, but this is just the way I am: I am terrified that I'll end up like my parents in a dead-end job earning just enough to survive, clearly going no where. That life is simply not worth living, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for hard work and earning your living, but when you're poor hard work doesn't get you success, or even enough money sometimes.

This is why I'm detemined to become successful anyway I can before I'm forced to get a job.

I've left Sixth Form and didn't go to University, which atleast I don't have a student debt. Now I'm looking for an apprenticeship, while doing various projects to try to be successful.

Anyway, why am I saying this? I don't know. If anyone knew a trick to becoming successful they'd probably have used it. I'm just saying how I feel really and that's that. I'm incredibly bored of life.

Some would say I just have to accept that an existence of working in a dead-end job for the rest of my life, etc, but I say life's too short to accept anything other than what you want and what makes you happy and that certainly wouldn't make me happy.

Hey,
    I'm sorry if this dosen't help but I would say make sure you have a supportive group of friends. The more social you are the less boring life will be. Also, in life nothing ever stays the same so don't give up on yourself just yet xxx

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey,
    I'm sorry if this dosen't help but I would say make sure you have a supportive group of friends. The more social you are the less boring life will be. Also, in life nothing ever stays the same so don't give up on yourself just yet xxx
    I think you may be onto something, this is helpful.

I literally have no real life friends, rarely go out and barely speak to anyone in real life. I seem to have trouble making friends, I think, and that was when I was in school surrounded by people. Now that I'm isolated, it clearly is nearly impossible.

So, that might be a reason and I'd probably find like more interesting if I had friends that I liked to be around, but alas I don't.

ReputationRep:
    I

r
    e
    l
    a
    t
    e

s
    o

h
    a
    r
    d

Don't worry my friend, I think this is quite a common feeling in our age group. People our age are facing pressures which other generations would never have even of had to think about.

Hope things work out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.