Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I received an offer from Cambridge few days ago but I was slowly wondering if it would be possible to switch from one course to another (quite close) before matriculation ? Should I wait until I start studying over there ? Should I contact my college as soon as possible ?

Thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indvolda)
    Hi everyone,

I received an offer from Cambridge few days ago but I was slowly wondering if it would be possible to switch from one course to another (quite close) before matriculation ? Should I wait until I start studying over there ? Should I contact my college as soon as possible ?

Thanks
    They won't remove your offer if you ask the question. Edit to be clear: and you should ask that question sooner (i.e now) rather than later

And don't forget the Tripos system does enable people to change course anyway (subject to various things including the agreement of both DoSs).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    They won't remove your offer if you ask the question.

And don't forget the Tripos system does enable people to change course anyway (subject to various things including the agreement of both DoSs).
    Thank you !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Hi everyone,

Thanks
    Just curious

from HSPS to what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Just curious

from HSPS to what?
    Well I'm thinking about History and Politics haha
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Well I'm thinking about History and Politics haha
    Coool the new course

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Coool the new course

Good Luck
    I can't rep you but thank you
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

I can't rep you but thank you
    Hahaha it's ok about the rep

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Thanks
    As @jneill said, asking won't jeopardise your offer, but if you're quite sure you want to change, it'd be better to talk with them as early as possible. Actually it may be a good idea to discuss with them even If you're not so sure as it's a new course, you may want to know more info before you make up your mind.

If they agree, they'll need to re-arrange your supervision schedule, which can effect other students' supervision arrangements on the same course as well. They'd want to avoid having to do that at the last minute just before matriculation when they're, again, very busy.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    As @jneill said, asking won't jeopardise your offer, but if you're quite sure you want to change, it'd be better to talk with them as early as possible. Actually it may be a good idea to discuss with them even If you're not so sure as it's a new course, you may want to know more info before you make up your mind.
    This is good advice and in your interests. The answer might well be 'no' and you want to know this before deciding which offers to firm.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.