Switching course before the start of the degree ? Watch

indvolda
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone,

I received an offer from Cambridge few days ago but I was slowly wondering if it would be possible to switch from one course to another (quite close) before matriculation ? Should I wait until I start studying over there ? Should I contact my college as soon as possible ?

Thanks
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by indvolda)
Hi everyone,

I received an offer from Cambridge few days ago but I was slowly wondering if it would be possible to switch from one course to another (quite close) before matriculation ? Should I wait until I start studying over there ? Should I contact my college as soon as possible ?

Thanks
They won't remove your offer if you ask the question. Edit to be clear: and you should ask that question sooner (i.e now) rather than later

And don't forget the Tripos system does enable people to change course anyway (subject to various things including the agreement of both DoSs).
Last edited by Doonesbury; 1 year ago
indvolda
Rep:
?
(Original post by jneill)
They won't remove your offer if you ask the question.

And don't forget the Tripos system does enable people to change course anyway (subject to various things including the agreement of both DoSs).
Thank you !

Posted from TSR Mobile
wolfmoon88
  • Community Assistant
Report 1 year ago
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Just curious

from HSPS to what?
indvolda
Rep:
?
(Original post by wolfmoon88)
Just curious

from HSPS to what?
Well I'm thinking about History and Politics haha
wolfmoon88
  • Community Assistant
Report 1 year ago
Well I'm thinking about History and Politics haha
Coool the new course

Good Luck
indvolda
Rep:
?
(Original post by wolfmoon88)
Coool the new course

Good Luck
I can't rep you but thank you
wolfmoon88
  • Community Assistant
Report 1 year ago
I can't rep you but thank you
Hahaha it's ok about the rep
vincrows
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi everyone,

Thanks
As @jneill said, asking won't jeopardise your offer, but if you're quite sure you want to change, it'd be better to talk with them as early as possible. Actually it may be a good idea to discuss with them even If you're not so sure as it's a new course, you may want to know more info before you make up your mind.

If they agree, they'll need to re-arrange your supervision schedule, which can effect other students' supervision arrangements on the same course as well. They'd want to avoid having to do that at the last minute just before matriculation when they're, again, very busy.
Peterhouse Admissions
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by vincrows)
As @jneill said, asking won't jeopardise your offer, but if you're quite sure you want to change, it'd be better to talk with them as early as possible. Actually it may be a good idea to discuss with them even If you're not so sure as it's a new course, you may want to know more info before you make up your mind.
This is good advice and in your interests. The answer might well be 'no' and you want to know this before deciding which offers to firm.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (445)
91.56%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (41)
8.44%

Watched Threads