The Student Room Group

Making new friends after uni, anyone else in this position?

Hi all,

Never done a discussion on here but need help on this one.

Basically 2013 I started college and left high school and I lost touch with my high school friends. I finished college, lost contact with college friends and entered uni in 2015. Now 2017 I'm going to graduate in June but most of my friends have dropped out and I'll be graduating with maybe a friend or two whom are already moving on in life and drifting apart from me and everyone else.

So basically come June, my social life is going to be zero and wondering if anyone else is in or has been in this position? How did you over come this and meet new friends?

My hopes are that I will grab a new job once I graduate (not bothered if it is not in my field of study as I'm seriously wanting a year to chill out and enjoy life). I did have a job previously but the people I used to work with were horrible and complete snakes, glad I never kept in touch with them.

Anyways, I'm hoping with a new job I'll meet new people and possibly hangout outside of work like going out for drinks etc.

Besides from a job, what other ways would you guys recommend meeting new people?

Feeling slightly depressed with the way my social life is right now as I barely have anyone to talk to, even just someone to hangout with and spend most of my time at home or uni studying.
Reply 1
You could try meetup
http://meetup.com/

I've never actually tried it, from what people say on here it's hit and miss but it's worth a try tbh.

I am in the same position as you really, graduated now but no friends since graduation and everyone at work is twice my age...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending